PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the polaris oem option and just wasn't sure how it would look or if it would take up too much cab space over the middle seat. Does anyone have the polaris mount or another mount they are using on their 2018+ xp 1000?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am looking at the polaris oem option and just wasn't sure how it would look or if it would take up too much cab space over the middle seat. Does anyone have the polaris mount or another mount they are using on their 2018+ xp 1000?
I installed the Polaris fire extinguisher mount after the old one (2 1/2 years old) almost fell off.

I know that the brackets are installed not according to the instructions but when I followed them, the screws broke and i couldn't mount it leveled.

I like the quick release.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought a quick release on Amazon for $35 and works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have mine mounted directly under the passenger seat within reach of the driver with a quick release mount on both the 1000s. I have a rear panel and a gun rack on the back roof so that was the best option I had for mounting it.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! I went with the QD mount from Amazon that Bob mentioned. Works great. I originally purchased a similar looking mount from Rocky Mountain ATV but the T style hose clamps were not large enough to fit around the ROPS. The one from amazon fit easily.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
For you guys carrying the dry powered type fire extinguisher, over time if carried vertical the dry powder will pack down a the bottom of the extinguisher and when you need it the most it will be a dried up cake at the bottom. At the job I worked at we had a practice at the first of every month to remove the fire extinguisher and hold it up side down a tap against part of the truck to loosen up the contents and the fire extinguisher so it would work as intended.

·
Registered
650 Posts
We would monthly take them off and give them a couple hits with a rubber mallet. When I taught extinguisher use at local school bus barns it was standard to bump the bottom of the extinguisher on the ground before attempting use.

·
Registered
754 Posts
For you guys carrying the dry powered type fire extinguisher, over time if carried vertical the dry powder will pack down a the bottom of the extinguisher and when you need it the most it will be a dried up cake at the bottom. At the job I worked at we had a practice at the first of every month to remove the fire extinguisher and hold it up side down a tap against part of the truck to loosen up the contents and the fire extinguisher so it would work as intended.
That was the point of installing it horizontally

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't think it matters which way you mount as the common dry chemical baking soda and ammonium phosphate will settle and pack and needs to be disturbed before use. Now I can stop at the local fire prevention service and make inquiry to if they have improved. I know fumed silica was a common flow agent

·
Registered
754 Posts
I don't think it matters which way you mount as the common dry chemical baking soda and ammonium phosphate will settle and pack and needs to be disturbed before use. Now I can stop at the local fire prevention service and make inquiry to if they have improved. I know fumed silica was a common flow agent
So, you're saying that I need to find the ex wife before any fire and bash her head with the extinguisher (that's a disturbance), don't worry it'll just make a tiny dent.

Oh yeah, lol

·
Registered
223 Posts
So, you're saying that I need to find the ex wife before any fire and bash her head with the extinguisher (that's a disturbance), don't worry it'll just make a tiny dent.

Oh yeah, lol
That wouldn't work for me with an ex with a skull full of mush.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't know what happened, before we were married she was really smart, but afterwards things just went to ...............mush.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I don't know what happened, before we were married she was really smart, but afterwards things just went to ...............mush.
It's in the past, we learn from it, solve the problem and move on.
After all we need to embrace life and do whatever it takes to enjoy every day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought a quick release on Amazon for $35 and works great.
Old thread, I know, but I was hoping you could tell me how you attached this? Did you use the bolt holes in the cab frame? Or did you have to drill new holes? I like the way you have that up and out of the way and was considering going the same route.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Old thread, I know, but I was hoping you could tell me how you attached this? Did you use the bolt holes in the cab frame? Or did you have to drill new holes? I like the way you have that up and out of the way and was considering going the same route.
I did the same thing. I found I needed to drill new holes to put the mount where I wanted. I used 1/4 inch pan head screws with backer fender washers and nyloc nuts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
jimh406
PRC Polaris Ranger Club
PRCforum is the best Polaris forum community to discuss RZR 1000, Crew 900, PRC Ranger Club, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, RZR 570, HD, 170, RZR-S, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, ORV, side by side, SSW and off-road information.
Full Forum Listing