PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my tires mounted on STI HD3 wheels. I replaced the stock Carlisle 489's on steel wheels with these. I mounted 26-10-12 all the way around, no spacers required. No sign of increased effort to turn the machine. I like the slightly wider wheels up front and the ability to rotate them since they aren't directional. The 990lb weight rating for the tires is nice and the rims are rated to 1000lbs. I always believe in it's better to have than want.

First impression is that they are much much stiffer and ride very smooth on smooth surfaces. I mostly drive on a packed down gravel driveway. I'm running 8lbs in them. They have some good traction in the light snow we've had so far and throw dirt and snow quite a bit more than my stockers. I have my shocks on the outer holes and full stiff for my plow and counter weight. Haven't mounted my plow yet to see what kind of sag there is compared to before.

For what I want, the stiffness is acceptable and the tires are exactly what I wanted for my machine. I'll post more as winter rolls on.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I've had the chance to check these out in real snow. It's hard to explain, but they seem to not get much grip until you get on the gas and they just grab. I plowed and while it seems like I'm slipping, they just keep going. The only sag in the front end now with the plow is from the springs. I just put my chains on for the rest of the season due to icing, so I guess I won't know more about these tires until spring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts