PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Fixed Glass Windshield Crack

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Outlaw6.0 
#1 ·
Anyone know if a cracked windshield is still being warrantied. I have seen a few other post about people having the same problem but looked like it had been a year or two on some of the post. Had the ranger parked in the heated shop last night. Went and pulled it out this afternoon and this is what I saw. Sorry for the bad pic. You have to look closely. The tab at the bottom with the peg, to the right, starting at the bottom and going about 10 inches up.

Automotive exterior Tree Auto part Glass Windshield

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Anyone know if a cracked windshield is still being warrantied. I have seen a few other post about people having the same problem but looked like it had been a year or two on some of the post. Had the ranger parked in the heated shop last night. Went and pulled it out this afternoon and this is what I saw. Sorry for the bad pic. You have to look closely. The tab at the bottom with the peg, to the right, starting at the bottom and going about 10 inches up.

View attachment 9630
Why is there a bolt/nut there on the glass frame?
Is that the new OEM design, where the glass frame is bolted to the front.

As far as getting it replaced, I would take it to my dealer and see if Polaris will warranty it.

#3 ·
the bolt/nut is really just a nut tack welded to the little mettle tab that has about a 1" long little peg in it. There is a little hole for it to fit in on the ranger. It is a polaris lock and ride oem windshield.

I'm going to talk to my guy at the dealership this morning and see what he says.

#5 ·
I didn't come that way, and I didn't do it. Parked it in the shop one night came out to move it out the next afternoon and it had cracked.

Talked to the dealer and they said that all polaris accessories would have a 1 year warranty on them from the time they are bought. So sense mine is 4 months old I will be getting another windshield under warranty. They said I wasn't the first one with a cracked windshield either.

#6 ·
I'm sorry, I need to clarify.
I am enquiring about the bolt/nut on the windshield, the reason I ask is I have not seen that before.
That is not how Polaris started out mounting the fixed glass windshields.

Do you have any other pics of the bolt/nut mounting?

#7 ·
I guess I didn't understand what you were asking either.

The metal tab on the windshield is exactly how it came. Don't think of it as a bolt on windshield for it is the Lock and Ride Fixed Windshield. It has the 4 quarter turn handles so you can take it out in about 10 secs. The Nut holds more of a peg or shaft with threads on it. It lines up with a hole on both sides of the frame. To me the pegs should be a little bit shorter and i'd say that has something to do with the crack in the glass cause the peg i think bottoms out therefor putting a little extra pressure on the corners of the glass. I'm thinking the peg is really there more or less to help hold the glass from sliding down.

Hope that answers you question Toxic

#8 · (Edited)
Toxic,

I had to modify my L'N'R windshield just like the picture shows in order to get it to stay in place. On my 2013, the only thing stopping the windshield from sliding down is a peg on either side (driver/passenger). The factory setup was two pegs that were press fit into the aluminum tab on the bottom of the windshield frame. Mine fell out pretty quickly & after a bunch of frustration I came up with an identical setup as above. I cut the head off of a bolt & used nuts on either side of the tab to secure the stud in place. No more sliding windshield, thank god.

I was recently told that they only made that windshield for one year or less, the rest use the clamps you see so often now. My style is WAY faster to get in & out as you don't have to remove the roof or use any wrenches. Just turn the 4 L'N'R handles & pull'er out, done.

t

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.