PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I have been thinking of routing my air intake to the front and decided to remove the floor pan (small piece which covers the drive shaft under the gas pedal, about 7 screws) on my unit noticed two things quickly: a) too tight for a hose/pipe to come through there and b) mud attached the drive shaft.

I have no idea if the amount of mud really mattered in this particular case, but it could make it out of balance it allowed to accumulate and may be worth cleaning it from time-to-time, see picture below.

Dirty Picture, keep in mind I do not really mud ride and the unit has 13 hours
Auto part

All cleaned up and ready to ride again.
Hood Auto part Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior

· Registered
889 Posts
I know that the 570 is changed a bit on the routing of the various hoses, wiring, and drive shaft, but as I remember this area has actually been tidied up a bit and there may actually be a bit more room for an intake hose then how the intake was routed through this area on the original 400/500 models
If you are really looking to move the intake forward under the hood, the factory parts should be available for the 400/500 with a simple extension of the hose to allow for the extra length of the Crew and the rearward location of the 570.
One thing you may want to consider in doing this...I found out early with my 400 that the forward location of the pre-filter box, while doing a great job of filtering dust, was highly susceptible to water intake even in moderate water crossings and easily flooded the main filter! After a couple times on the hook, I snorkeled my 400 and put an end to my intake issues once and for all!

Cheers

· Registered
406 Posts
best thing to do on any machine is snorkel it I don't care what it is if u trail ride or Mud Ride some times ur not sure how deep stuff is until its to late an that mud wont affect anything these arnt cars your not running 70 mph down the road

· Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
best thing to do on any machine is snorkel it I don't care what it is if u trail ride or Mud Ride some times ur not sure how deep stuff is until its to late an that mud wont affect anything these arnt cars your not running 70 mph down the road
Good point and likely going in that direction.

· Registered
1,565 Posts
That sound's good but make shure you arnt breaking any law's.

· Registered
406 Posts
I actually take my belly pan off after some rides especially if im goin threw or get stuck in some sandy holes the sand comes in a settles everywhere ive had sand in my floor board so much I had to dig a hole to get to the gas pedal I always clean mine extremely well after every ride I know a friend of mine with a can am commander had the whole belly pan off an there was a soild brick of mud caked around everything including his front drive shaft lol gotta keep her clean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.