PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I did a full synthetic oil change on my Ranger. It got me thinking, what other fluids should I change? I am in the area of 200 hours.

Please list what you change, what you use and how much is needed.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's a good idea to change it all, front axle, transmission and rear axle.

I change the front axle with every oil change because it doesn't contain much fluid, my change is usually a once a year thing for my hours and the change for me is easy. For the front axle I use Polaris Demand Drive Fluid, this is the only factory fluid I use.

For the transmission I use Amsoil Chaincase Fluid, AMSOIL Synthetic Chaincase & Gear Oil . It performs very well and would be the recommended fluid for your transmission as well. If you've never changed your transmission fluid you should definitely expect a very furry magnet on the drain plug. It's normal, but one of the reasons you change fluid.

For the rear axle I use Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-110, AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-110 . For this you can really use any 75W-90 or 80W-90 GL5 gear lube that you would like. The Polaris fluid is right in the range of the fluids I mentioned in viscosity and is an extreme pressure lubricant.

By this time, it's probably a good idea to change the antifreeze as well. Yours holds a couple quarts so a gallon of premix is cheap insurance.

For capacities, see the top of page 31 on this document. http://www.purepolarisoil.com/pdf/Maintenance_guide_ORV_2014.pdf

Reactions: Earl62

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I use pure polaris oils ya you need to change front an rear diffs and tranny fluid and don't forget about yor coolant

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
When the weather cools down I'm going to pull my Ranger into my garage and do a flush of the brake fluid. All my vehicles that get about every two years and they are due for it. So I"ll do the Ranger the same day.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a good idea to change it all, front axle, transmission and rear axle.

I change the front axle with every oil change because it doesn't contain much fluid, my change is usually a once a year thing for my hours and the change for me is easy. For the front axle I use Polaris Demand Drive Fluid, this is the only factory fluid I use.

For the transmission I use Amsoil Chaincase Fluid, AMSOIL Synthetic Chaincase & Gear Oil . It performs very well and would be the recommended fluid for your transmission as well. If you've never changed your transmission fluid you should definitely expect a very furry magnet on the drain plug. It's normal, but one of the reasons you change fluid.

For the rear axle I use Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-110, AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-110 . For this you can really use any 75W-90 or 80W-90 GL5 gear lube that you would like. The Polaris fluid is right in the range of the fluids I mentioned in viscosity and is an extreme pressure lubricant.

By this time, it's probably a good idea to change the antifreeze as well. Yours holds a couple quarts so a gallon of premix is cheap insurance.

For capacities, see the top of page 31 on this document. http://www.purepolarisoil.com/pdf/Maintenance_guide_ORV_2014.pdf

Thank you for this information. I will tackle all these one day to get a fresh start for all of the fluids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts