PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New question about an old topic: want to put forward, arched a arms on an 800 xp but the ones I was looking at (super atv) have no provision to attach guards to them. Does anyone know if it’s possible to customize some guards or does someone else make them that accept guards?

·
Super Moderator
6,806 Posts
There are no A arm guards for any of the Arched A arms.
You will have to fabricate your own.

Also, they are not Arched, but I do have a set of forward A arms and lower bracket lift for your unit if interested.

·
Registered
548 Posts
For my 900 I modified the stock guards.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick answer. It took this long for the site to let me post this

·
Registered
548 Posts
I used fat rivets from Amazon. I got like 50. Give me your address and I can mail you 4

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You, but I have 3/16 and 1/4 pop rivets. My plan now is to make a 2 piece guard out of kydex, maybe extending to the rear bar of the a arm as well

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I’d revive this to ask two questions: (1) The SuperATV arms are much stronger than stock so do you run the risk of damaging the frame if you impact something rather than the arm giving way? And (2) The SuperATV arms are now available w pressed in ball joints, 3 different grades, the best ones being very expensive. Are the expensive ones worth the $? My stock Polaris ones lasted a long time but on the other hand if the good ones last twice as long or take twice the abuse I’d get them.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Thoughts:
Question #1: I believe the idea that depending upon the "A" Arms to protect your frame is fallacy. If you hit the stock arms hard enough you stand a chance of frame damage. If you hit the stock arms near the frame where they can't bend easily you stand a chance of frame damage. On the other hand arched "A" Arms will go right over obstacles that the stock arms will hit. Bottom line, the best way to prevent frame damage is to drive using common sense and treat your Ranger gently and ride on known territory. If you come to a trail that is questionable, walk it first.
Question #2: I have the least expensive SATV arms all around. They are much stronger than stock and well made. Whether the high priced arms are worth it depends upon your application and whether cool factor matters more than your wallet. I suppose if you are doing extreme riding, rock crawling , etc, the strongest SATV arms have their place, but in those cases frame damage is probably the least of your problems. Given the nature of extreme use I would expect to damage a frame once in a while. Regarding ball joints, I have no opinion. I reused my OEM Ball joints which were still good. When I eventually need new ball joints I'll shop around and try to find some with grease fittings and at least a claim of being better than OEM. I haven't looked anywhere for any but I'd try All Balls as one of my first stops.
I did a quick search and Super Dave's has ball joints with grease fittings. I saw one site where All Balls heavy duty ball joints have grease fittings. YMMV.
IMHO, grease fittings are a big plus becasue they allow lubrication as well as flushing of contaminates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts