PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m new to this forum and pretty excited about it I have a 2011 ranger 800 crew and have been contemplating putting forward a arms on but was also wondering if anyone has ever just reversed there stock a arms to make wheel base longer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey I’m new to this forum and pretty excited about it I have a 2011 ranger 800 crew and have been contemplating putting forward a arms on but was also wondering if anyone has ever just reversed there stock a arms to make wheel base longer
I have a 2011 Ranger XP
I have a 2011 Ranger XP 800. It has a 3" lift, Rhino axles all the way around, and 28" tires with bead locks, as well as many other upgrades.The 28" tires hit the fender well behind the tire in a tight turn while backing up.

I ordered the Super ATV 2" forward control arms to eliminate the problem. When they arrived I opened the box and immediately realized my anti-rotation brackets for my tracks were not going to work. I boxed them up and Super ATV agreed to take them back. When I priced the freight at UPS I changed my mind and installed them.

They have turned out to be one of the best modifications I have done. They give you a lot more center clearance and you can adjust the camber. They have zerks on the control arm bushings and the overall design and material is much stronger than the stock control arms.

In regard to the anti-rotation brackets, I modified them to fit exactly as they did on the stock control arms. It is a long, take your time process of cutting with a portable band saw and bending them to fit the new control arms. I probably have at least 30 hours into each bracket, but after trial and error and a lot of measurement I cleared everything from the axles to the brake line on the right front. There are no aftermarket anti-rotation brackets available so if you have tracks, be prepared to do a lot of work to make them fit with the offset control arms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts