PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the side of the rail road tracks with a buddy and had to cross the tracks so stopped put it in low and AWD and crawled over the tracks at a 45 degree angle, drove a little farther and had to cross them again. I did the same as before but this was the result. I had to drive it about 200 ft to get to the nearest road busted like this. A piece of the lower arm broke off from driving to the road.

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3673.JPG

IMG_3677.JPG

IMG_3678.JPG

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yikes, thats a bummer. Might check the other side before you order parts...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just looking at that hurts.

Guess there is a reason they tell you to stay off the tracks:wink-new:

Reactions: Mtjag

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
at least the front diff is okay that sucks john at backwoods will fix ya up stronger than those a arms T&S

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
funny they show them on tv going over logs bigger than tracks ? T&S

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's not good. Looks like your axe cv when out too. Wonder what failed 1st. I think the drive train is too noisy and should be designed better.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You know its a Federal offence to be on railroad tracks or property and the fines are hefty. The only place your legally allowed to cross is at road crossing but you still must watch for trains.

·
Registered
616 Posts
UPDATE, turns out it is 100% operator error, went back out during the daylight and did some recon of the scene and yep, ran into something that I did not see.
Thanks for the update on that...it was certainly making me reconsider my choice

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes its the railroad track. Its illegal to be on the property or rails under FEDERAL LAW. Fines can start at $5000. Keep off the tracks.

UPDATE, turns out it is 100% operator error, went back out during the daylight and did some recon of the scene and yep, ran into something that I did not see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts