PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Polaris Ranger 900XP. I recently rebuilt the front differential about 6 months ago because it was locking up in reverse. Everything is new inside except ring and pinion. When connected to the driveshaft, wheels will lock up in reverse. When disconnected from drive shaft the front diff works as it should. So my question is where do I go from here. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This may not be the correct thread, but I will ask anyway: I had to remove the front diff to install new seals due to a leak at the input shaft. As I separated the cover, the roller bearings fell out of the cages. I carefully reinstalled everything and everything turned freely and appear ok. Are the axles and input shaft supposed to rotate 100% independent while being turned by hand? They turn freely in one direction, but “engage” when hand turning in reverse.
Did I foul up the roller bearings and cage?

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
Mark, I always bench test the front gearcase when I have them OUT by putting 12 volts to em and then turn the output shaft to see if it has " clinched". I take it it is to late for that here ? Something doesn't sound quite right with the rollers falling out just by splitting the case. What year/model Ranger is this ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
What you're describing might be the spring inside the gearbox. The spring I'm talking about is the 1/8" rod that is formed into a circle with the ends bent to about 90 degrees (there's probably a better way to describe it). Those two bent ends need to be crossed over one another with the two pins in between. I had one where one of the bent ends had worn and would pop past the pin and lock the front wheels in reverse with 4X4 tuned off. Something to look at that might have missed during reassembly.

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
Zach, please start your own thread . This one has already been jumped and multiples on some other persons thread gets confusing.. No idea what year/model you have..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts