1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
yes it is T&S

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yes that is the fill plug. PITA to get to and add oil. Be careful and do not over tighten and add some anti-seize to the plug. Better yet, get some tubing and extended your vent line at least up under the hood and fill from the vent line with a cheap outboard lower unit oil pump and just use the fill plug to tell when it is full and oil runs out, much easier.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Or, drain it...and then refill with 10-11 oz's of oil via your vent tube, or do the EZ-fill mod. Makes life easier.

On my machine the fill plug is at the perfect angle to get a allen socket into it but also strip the darn thing out. The first time I got it out. The second time I ended up removing the front bumper due to the damage I did the first time (I was afraid of stripping the head out). It is a real PITA to access the fill for both fluid checks and fill. Mustang, I have heard a little about the "EZ Fill" mod but cant seem to find anything via a forum search. Can you elaborate a little? I dont want to pull my damn front bumper every time I want to change the front diff fluid.

·
Registered
618 Posts
On my machine the fill plug is at the perfect angle to get a allen socket into it but also strip the darn thing out. The first time I got it out. The second time I ended up removing the front bumper due to the damage I did the first time (I was afraid of stripping the head out). It is a real PITA to access the fill for both fluid checks and fill. Mustang, I have heard a little about the "EZ Fill" mod but cant seem to find anything via a forum search. Can you elaborate a little? I dont want to pull my damn front bumper every time I want to change the front diff fluid.

Nevermind….I a bit more searching and I found this thread. Looks like a great mod that I will be doing at my next front diff service!

http://www.prcforum.com/forum/27-me...easy-front-differential-fluid-change-mod.html

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
haha, beat me to it...yup there ya go man. Im telling ya, this oughta come as a standard setup. on all my "vehicles" that i had setup for this type of riding, i did the same for front, rear, trans and transfer case. Made the vents super long and used them as my fill tubes also. Sad thing about our buggy's, the vent is pretty small, it takes a while to do it via tht tube.

Another thing i HIGHLY stress is the fact that i change my front diff fluid EVERY SINGLE CHANGE!! it holds a whimpy 10-11 oz of oil...Just freaking do it! lol Ya get atleast 3 changes outta a qt bottle so hey, why not. And if ya get ams-oils, and ya own a midsize, ya can buy 2 qts of the "recommended rear trans/diff oil" and still have enough left over to do front diff. Easy, Peasy, Lemon squeezey!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have all the stuff to do the ez fill mod, just wanted to make sure that was the one. So when filling you want it to come up to that hole correct? I just dont want to take it in to have the oils changed, I just got it and have 400 miles, is the tranny and rear diff all in the same housing? I have a 2014 full size 800

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Thats the fullsize right? I BELEIVE...the bottom one under axle is the drain, and the top is the fill (obviously..) The pro's will chime in (if thats the fullsize) i knwo more about the midsize machines, however thats deffintaly the rear diff.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.