PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on rebuilding a front gearbox on this 2015 570 F/S. Unit was making a terrible noise when driving. Mostly roaring bearing noise. Tore into it and no oil inside... mostly water. Need to replace all three bearings and input/output seals. The only seals that Polaris offers is in a kit (#3236682) and the bearings are also in a kit (3235174). Rather than ordering these from Polaris I outsourced these myself. The bearings and seals are commercially available, but may be a different number.

From Polaris the seals and bearings would be over $200. I outsourced these locally and got all the parts for under $75.

Input bearing (72x30x30) SKF #3306A Double row open ball bearing.
Input seal (72x30x8) Double lip oil seal.
Output bearing (55x30x9) SKF #16006 Single row open bearing. 2 of these.
Output oil seal (40x30x4) SKF #30X40X4 HMSA7 R Double lip oil seal. 2 required.

The model # for the Hilliard unit is #1333104. Which has been replaced by #1337133.

Hopefully someone might find this information useful.

RR

Wood Automotive tire Cameras & optics Machine Automotive wheel system

Attachments

· Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
4,156 Posts
Thank you for this information. Quite often members have asked about where to get bearing for various repairs and I mention trying to outsource them from a reputable bearing house/supplier. I get the impression that some members believe the bearings used in Polaris vehicles are proprietary, and they may be in some cases, however, manufacturers complicate their manufacturing and procurement process when the use the proprietary route. The use of off the shelf bearings and seals reduces their manufacturing costs allowing greater profits and the ability to be more competitive in pricing. Your example clearly demonstrates how much can be saved with a little research and some work with a bearing supplier.

· Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Exactly. I deal with this stuff all the time in my "day" job. I have not found a bearing or seal yet that I couldn't cross-over from Polaris. Most ppl think the front differential is made by Polaris. :rolleyes: LOL

The rear transmission is made by them, but all the seals/bearings in them can be found from other supplies for less $$ than Polaris wants for their cheap china made stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts