PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a light bar in the front bumper on my 2018 1000. Looks like the opening is about 18" wide and a little over 3 " high. Lots of them out there, but many I have looked at seem to require more than 3" room for the height. Any pictures or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Look for single row led light bars.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
This is the Polaris 13 inch bar I put on my 2016. I changed the OEM headlight bulbs out to H13 LEDs and I have a good bright beam all the way across now.

20160727_175736 (1).jpg

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I upgraded the headlights to Beamtech H13 10000 lumen LEDs and got a single row light 11" bar coming like the one I put on the rear. That should be plenty of light for my use. I like the LED headlights so much I'm getting some for the 800.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm done with lights. The 11" single row fits nicely in the bumper and is plenty bright. This and the headlight upgrade should be all I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a 2016 570-4 midsize and sold it a few months ago and upgraded to this.
its a Chinese bar from amazon. cheap but fits the bill for what I need it for. I have a probox top on it now with half tinted windshield and tinted rear panel.
probox has a 40" bar built in the front with a 6 inch built in the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It says 108Watts, did you use a relay or just a switch?
Mossy, I have a light harness with a relay for that one. too much power for just a switch to be on the safe side.
I have some led rock lights that are just used with a switch but its only 4 of them that only pull around 4 watts.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mossy, I have a light harness with a relay for that one. too much power for just a switch to be on the safe side.
I have some led rock lights that are just used with a switch but its only 4 of them that only pull around 4 watts.
I like the looks of the 17" bar. The 11" one I just put on is 50W so just wired to rocker switch. I may put the 11" on my 800 and get the bigger one. I actually had looked at that one but wasn't sure if it would fit. I don't know how durable these cheap lights are, but not much to lose if they fail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the looks of the 17" bar. The 11" one I just put on is 50W so just wired to rocker switch. I may put the 11" on my 800 and get the bigger one. I actually had looked at that one but wasn't sure if it would fit. I don't know how durable these cheap lights are, but not much to lose if they fail.
I had a 20" on the roof of my 2016 midsize for 2 years and never had any issues with it. No water ever got into the lens and all led bulbs were working when I sold it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I upgraded the headlights to Beamtech H13 10000 lumen LEDs and got a single row light 11" bar coming like the one I put on the rear. That should be plenty of light for my use. I like the LED headlights so much I'm getting some for the 800.

Mossy, do you happen to have a part # or link for the headlight.replacement bulbs?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
look for the beamtech h13 at amazon. I think they are $38. Only ones I have seen that don't need a fan to cool

Thanks Summer. Do you happen to know what bulbs the 1000 takes? 9008?

·
Registered
698 Posts
H13-9008 same hi/lo
UTV Dirt has a youtube video on the upgrade for the 1000xp and shows the stock versus the beamtech and someone replied with the specs. H13 50w 6500k 8000 lumens
Claims to be the cheapest upgrade for the ranger. Probably right and probably could be awarded the "best upgrade for dummies" as its so easy and can be done in under 5 minutes
I have the beamtech in my amazon wishlist

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts