PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pop that is coming from my front right wheel. It only does this on bumps that are small to medium size in which the suspension flexes in to absorb the bump then back out quickly. I suspect if I was going very fast or super slow, it wouldn’t happen but at 10-20mph, the pop is very distinct and has been doing this for over a year

Had to replace tie rod boots so went ahead and did the tie rod ends and ball joints at the same time. They seemed ok and nothing else appeared wrong so I hoped it would go away but not luck.

Any ideas what is causing this?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
53 Posts
Jack it up and give the wheel a push pull top and bottom. I suspect wheel bearing. Make sure brake rotor is attached and not bent. Check calliper mounting.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Could be the outboard CV joint on the driveshaft (half shaft in non Polaris language) is going away.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the prop,shaft pulled and installed a new yoke plus new u joints front and rear. The front end was disassembled to get the shaft out. I thought this process would have uncovered the pop and fixed it but no sure luck. I’m stumped

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Lift kit? Seems like I remember reading this a few times with the 570. Top shock or strut bushing or something. Might be able to find it in a search.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I have a 2.5” mma lift kit, maybe it is related? Also, I call it a pop for lack of a better description but You could also call it a thump, it is distinct

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No other ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts