PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Front tire width on full size.. Blackwater Evolution

8K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Merkel 
#1 ·
I have decided to get a set of Blackwater Evolutions in 27". These turns come in 11" wide and 9" wide. For sure I will be running the 27x11x14 on the rear but will I get away with an 11" in front too without rubbing? I figure the 9" will be needed but figured I would ask.

#3 ·
They are M20 Kores in 14"x7" on the Blackwater Evolutions 27"X11 or 9X14 for the front.

#4 ·
Here are the pics you requested.

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Automotive wheel system

Bumper Auto part Gun Games

#5 ·
The Kores have 0' offset. This means that these wheels will be sticking out 1" ( 1.031 to be exact) further than your OEM wheels did.
Since the Kores are 7" wide instead of 8", this will create a larger Diameter tire. Although it may not be much, 27 1/2, possibly 28. This may require you to move the shocks to the outer holes and increase preload.

There are a couple of members that are running 11" wide tires on the front, but I do not remember what there actual combination was.

#7 ·
oThe Kores have 0' offset. This means that these wheels will be sticking out 1" ( 1.031 to be exact) further than your OEM wheels did.
Since the Kores are 7" wide instead of 8", this will create a larger Diameter tire. Although it may not be much, 27 1/2, possibly 28. This may require you to move the shocks to the outer holes and increase preload.

There are a couple of members that are running 11" wide tires on the front, but I do not remember what there actual combination was.
Sleepy G Rider us running STI HD5's witha different offset than the Kores which I think allows him to have the flush look correct? Running the same set-up with Kores will float them out if the week wells about an 1" for rear since stock is already 11" and 2" on front since stock is 10"?

#6 ·
I appreciate the pics.

#8 ·
I found the offset. M4/156 STI HD5 Beadlock Wheel 14x7 5.0 + 2.0. +2 for all 4. Also looked it up. The HD5 only comes with +2. Which makes it flush. My order records are all same model# also. Hope this helps.

#9 · (Edited)
This is correct, the HD5 offset moves the wheel inboard another .500 (1/2) over the oem front wheel (12x6), and since the HD5 is a 14x7, an extra 1" + is going to the inside. So in other words from the mounting surface of the HD5 wheel, you have 5 1/2 inches to the inside and 1 1/2 inches to the outside.

This will help with keeping the tires tucked in the finder wells.

#10 ·
I see the hd5's are beadlocks while the Kores are not. On a trail machine do the beadlocks offer a significant advantage or what are the pros/cons between the two styles?

If for instance I had a wheel 14x7 using the same 11" wide tire on all fours that would a wheel with an offset 4+3 provide? How much more would these 11" wide tires stick out now over the 5+2 STI one the front and rear? I just want to make sure I am understanding it correctly.

#11 · (Edited)
The bead locks keep the wheel from spinning in the tire ( hence the word bead lock). The Kores ( like most other wheels on the market) rely on the air pressure to create the friction needed to keep the wheel from spinning in the tire. If you used your machine as a rock crawler, I would say get the bead locks. But if not it is your personal choice on which style you choose.

Basically the 4+3 will stick out 1" more than the 5+2.
The 4+3 has 4" to the inside and 3" to the outside.
The 5+2 has 5" to the inside and 2" to the outside.

The recommended wheel width for the 11" tire is 71/2 to 81/2. Even though this will work on a 7" wide wheel, putting it on a 7" inch wide wheel will make the tire slightly taller and wider (the sidewall will stick out past the wheel a little more), ( of course this will also depend on the air pressure you run in the tires).
http://cocomponents.com/dealer/blog/wheel-offset-explained/

#13 ·
#14 ·
Thanks for the pics once again and all the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.