PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Fuel Programmer for the 1000

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Free Agent 
#1 ·
I was looking at a fuel programmer for my xp 1000. Has anyone tried these? do they work and do they make a noticeable or any difference in power? Which one is the best? Any info would be much appreciated, I need a little more juice, I got out ran by a maverick, !

#2 ·
Without other mod's, a fuel controller will not provide "a lot" of additional power. Depending how much Polaris left on the table (which probably isn't much), you "might" get another 2 or 3 HP by tuning the fuel parameters and raising the rev limiter. To see noticeable gains, you'll probably need to change the cam and possibly modify the throttlebodys and intake.

If you want some REAL power gains (and don't care to throw away your warranty), I'd look at a turbo or supercharger kit. I've seen both for the 900 and am sure they offer them for the 1000 as well.

The Maverick is no slouch, but I'm a little surprised that a stock one beat you.

#3 ·
Thanks Jerry, I was just hoping a programmer would juice it up a bit and someone had a preferred brand that would do the trick. I wish I could say that the mav out running me wasn't true but it is, I don't think he has done anything to his but I cant say for sure. I'm not gonna go to the extremes of a cam or turbo, I was just hoping for a quick plug in that would boost it up a bit.

#5 ·
Thanks Jerry, I will give him a call, I do have one of his clutch kits on right now, I will check with him about the fuel programmer. If I find something that makes a difference I will let everyone know.

#6 ·
Please do Ron. Hate for the 2015 guys to out do us 2014 guys in the HP department. I've used PowerCommanders on several bikes
and liked the results. Had to increase the amount of air in and out for a programmer to work it's magic on them. Let me know what
you find out. I'd sure appreciate it.
Dano

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.