PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here. I have a 2005 ranger 6x6 bought used, has 548 hrs. on the meter. The unit has been running great, started it up a couple of days ago ran for about 4 or 5 minutes then shut off. Tried to start will turn over but the fuel pump will not cycle. Stared checking to make sure it had fuel, then checked to see if I had power to the pump, no voltage at the pump. Let it sit for a while came back and turned the key fuel pump cycled and it started right up, ram for 4 or 5 minutes and shut off. Again no voltage to pump.
Hoping someone can give some advice as to what to look at next, THANKS !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure of the year of your machine ? My manual for a 2005 shows a mechanical fuel pump . ..
Well I have checked the serial number (driver side frame rail)to confirm. The pump is mounted under the seat on the passenger side, with a pink and brown wire, which appears to be factory.I bought this unit used and have no history.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have looked under the hood and the seat and I can't find any fuses or relays. I will try to attach a couple of pictures and hopefully you can tell me where to look THANKS !!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You won't find fuses or relays on your 6x6. They are all sealed inside the silver finned box under your hood (ECM).

If you have the key on and unplug the harness from the temperature sensor does the fan come on? If not your ECM is faulty. Usually the fan circuit is the first to go and it cascades from there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I did that and the fan does run, I see the ECM, is there any way to test, or do I have to replace ? THANKS !

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I don't know of any way to test other than when multiple things quit working. A company called Module Masters can rebuild them for half the cost of new. Give them a call and give them them problems you're having and see what they think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know of any way to test other than when multiple things quit working. A company called Module Masters can rebuild them for half the cost of new. Give them a call and give them them problems you're having and see what they think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts