PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I may be beating a dead horse here as I'm sure its been discussed a lot, but I need some help. I want to install a fuse block to only be keyed hot. Can anyone tell me what relay to use and exactly how to wire the relay. I know the one post under the hood is keyed hot but I want to run my cables from the battery. I am getting a 100 amp fuse block but just not sure how to tie in the relay. Also I will add another battery and another fuse block for constant hot at a later date. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't get much simpler then this, due wait for the full pics to load, blue wire tied in where you have 12v accessory power, be it powered with the key, or full time 12v, this is for a motorcycle, but there is no difference in the way it hooks up and the accessories that you will use. diagram of relay/fuse block for motorcycle - Bing Images

I also like the Blue Sea brand, I use this model on my bikes and Polaris Ranger, Blue Sea is made for wet locations, http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...424085382&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+sea+fuse+block

John

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's alot of information on this topic around the forum . I did a keyed hot setup with the help of fswan here on the forum. I used a PAC 80 battery isolator in place of the relay, works the same way. Electronics Technology Auto part Machine Engine

Electronics Electrical wiring Technology Wire Auto part

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I know how to install the fuse box and run the wires. I was just curious about the relay for keyed hot. Like which wires go where on the relay. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.