PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not find any good answers searching on this product on the forum. Many (most negatively) comments on the Glacier II, but no on the HD.

So, how is this system? Is it solid and durable?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nver had an issue: I have the hydraulic lift and tilt too.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the pro this year and my primary issue is that the T sheer bolts on the plow angle bar keep breaking with not so hard an impact
Anyone else having this issue and do you have a solution
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't get the Pro (hydraulic) system although after one season of use I wish that I did. I got the winch/manual controlled version. So far I haven't had an issue but I do wish that I had the convenience of controlling blade angle while I'm in the cab. Does anyone have any reviews on the Boss, Western or Fisher setups? I'd like to upgrade to a hydraulic system, maybe in a year or two. Oh yea, and would you recommend the v-blade or straight?

·
Registered
312 Posts
V blade vs straight blade is a matter of preference
Consider the amount of snow you get at one time and how often you have to plow it

I have the straight blade and sometimes wish I had a V plow when the snow got deep because I was lazy and didn't want to plow too early in the storm.
90% of the time I just do fine with my plow as is.
Just remember, push the snow banks back early in the season so you don't have half a car wide path in Feb. or March

·
Registered
703 Posts
Where I purchased my boss plow from he said he only orders v-plows, no one buys boss straight plows and he is one of the largest dealers in the state.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't get the Pro (hydraulic) system although after one season of use I wish that I did. I got the winch/manual controlled version. So far I haven't had an issue but I do wish that I had the convenience of controlling blade angle while I'm in the cab. Does anyone have any reviews on the Boss, Western or Fisher setups? I'd like to upgrade to a hydraulic system, maybe in a year or two. Oh yea, and would you recommend the v-blade or straight?
I have a Western Hydraulic V plow. It is amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Western V plow .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts