PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

gas and gas additive

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  toopooped 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and I am sure this has been a discussion, more than once but i have just purchased a new 900 XP and the dealer said to run super unleaded gas and always put 2oz of marine stable, the blue stuff, in the tank every time I fill up. It is very hard to find non-ethanol gas around here. Is this the best thing to do or ?
Thanks

#2 ·
I would not worry with the super unleaded. I would use the stabile, not so important using "marine" as it is using the one labeled "for ethanol fuel". You do not want to put the one label for non ethanol fuel in yours since you will be running ethanol blend.

#4 ·
Like said above. I run the blue marine stable and have run it in everything I own for years now. If you use your ranger and gas up frequently it is not as important as if you let that fuel sit. Gas has a shelf life. If it's in your tank more than 30 days use it religiously

#6 ·
Typically the Super Unlead has minimal to no ethanol in it. What you are reading on the pump is typically for the mid to lower grades of fuel. This is why I only run Super in my Ranger along with all of my small engines. Since I use my engines regularly, the issue to me more than the fuel becoming stagnant is the ethanol over time will break down the plastic/rubber lines the ethanol comes in contact with. Also ethanol is alcohol, so water will form in the gas tank if it's left there for prolonged periods of time. Hope this helped.

#7 ·
I use Gas stablizer in everything I own, I have a good sthil chain saw and a cheap 14" Poluan and everyone I know has issues with that brand little saws but mine sits on the shelf for six months and I prime it, choke and three pulls she idles and I swear its the gas additive.

#8 ·
Most of the (quality) little 2 cycle oils now have the stabilizers already added.

#9 ·
I am going to jinx myself here but I routinely park everything from small engines to my big ole doge truck, for extended periods of up to a full year (in the case of my pressure washer) with no fuel additives whatsoever...and have not had a fuel related issue.....ever....well except for when I run out:distrust:
My echo trimmer has gone all winter with a quarter tank of mix and started right up in the spring and gas oil mix is supposed to be the shortest shelf life.
All resources I have found say that anything made after 2001 should have alcohol resistant materials in the fuel system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.