PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 ranger crew i just got 2 weeks ago. every time I fill up with gas and put cap on in no time you start to smell gas and you gas see where gas leaked all down side of plastic i guess out of gas cap. does it need a new gas cap or was there another issue. I had a 2010 ranger before and i want to say it did it as well but can't remember what I did to fix it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i have new vent install and not hot outside. I can fill it on trailer and not fill it up all way to top and when I get to where I am going gas is everywhere on the side. I have the vent line snorkled up above the gas tank

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
No i have new vent install and not hot outside. I can fill it on trailer and not fill it up all way to top and when I get to where I am going gas is everywhere on the side. I have the vent line snorkled up above the gas tank
Does your gas cap have a gasket on it?
Look and see if the gasket is cracked/torn/missing.
check the filler neck for cracks.

Not sure what your problem is, just throwing things out there.

Also that is where the seam of the tank is (center of the fill neck). May have to siphon the gas out and LIGHTLY pressurize the tank, get a spray bottle with soapy water and spray on the outside.

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
Also, directly under the fill neck, behind the side cover, on the molded seam, is the molded mounting tab that bolts to the frame, it could be cracked there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts