PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

GDP vs Highlfter Portals

8K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  RJ 
#1 ·
Fixing to buy a set of portals. What’s the opinions, pros, cons of these two brands?

Thanks

#4 ·
I've been researching also. The new gen 3 gdp sure looks good. Also, can get 15% reduction with them. Didn't see that option with the HL

#6 · (Edited)
Here's a calculator for the portals.

here's another to figure out the percentage difference between the diameter of two different tire sizes.

#7 ·
Well, ordered the GPD 4" portals. Recently added a set of 30" tires and wanted to get some torque back. But mainly take the strain off of the transaxle. Reason for going with the GPD is the 15% reduction. With the 30 tires, it should be like dropping down to a 25-26 inch tire. The 30% reduction in the Highlifters would have been way to low for my purposes.

#8 ·
Well, ordered the GPD 4" portals. Recently added a set of 30" tires and wanted to get some torque back. But mainly take the strain off of the transaxle. Reason for going with the GPD is the 15% reduction. With the 30 tires, it should be like dropping down to a 25-26 inch tire. The 30% reduction in the Highlifters would have been way to low for my purposes.
What is your top end speed now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I took it with a grain of salt for sure. Luckily had a coupon that got me just a tad over 2600. Figured if i spit a gear in the trans it would be at least 2000 and a bunch of swearing and bloody knuckles. We'll see. Ill report good or bad. Put around 1000 miles a year on the machine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.