PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 with 5 hours. I notice that sometimes when I back up, even though it says R, it will sit and grind. I have to cycle through the gears with the shifter again. Today I backed it into my garage off my trailer, maybe 10 feet, and it sounded like it was grinding a little.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
If it keeps doing it (and assuming that it's still under warranty with only 5 hours), I'd take it back to the dealer and at least get that issue documented before the warranty expires.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine does that all the time. Dealer said stop giving it so much throttle. (They were a lot of help.....) It is hard to find those gears.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Mine does it to if I don't take the extra time to REALLY make sure I put the shifter perfectly in place. An 1/8th" off and it will grind. Had the same problem on my 800.

When you put it in reverse jiggle it around slightly to make sure it's in gear then just pump the gas peddle to engage the clutch and reverse chain. I do this every time I go in reverse and almost never grind the gears now.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
sounds a lot like the 2010s reverse to low grind I have sometimes but never in reverse just from reverse to low maybe same issue T&S
Mine does it to if I don't take the extra time to REALLY make sure I put the shifter perfectly in place. An 1/8th" off and it will grind. Had the same problem on my 800.

When you put it in reverse jiggle it around slightly to make sure it's in gear then just pump the gas peddle to engage the clutch and reverse chain. I do this every time I go in reverse and almost never grind the gears now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.