PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. It been a while since I posted on here. I have a 2010 800 xp with racer tech mid travel suspension kit (3" wider per side, 2" fwd front a-arms and 2" back rear A-arms), turner axles, emp 2" lift, diesel 14x7 wheels with 30x10x14 radial outlaws. I'm wanting to get the most power out of it. At one point I remember dale at DDP was the man for clutch kits but that was 3 yrs ago. Has anything really changed. Whats my options on clutches and cams? Anything else?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If you haven't done any clutch work yet then do that first, it will make a HUGE difference. Yes Dale is still man. If you want mostly low end crawling power you may look into the Duraclutch everyone is raving about presently too.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Dale can help you with engine mod's as well (if you decide to go that far). Luckily you have the '10 model because you can't do much to the '11 and up 800 engine because of the cam phase sensor stuff.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just spoke to dale. He only does clutches now for this vehicle because he's so busy. He can definitely help with the clutch but that's about it. I'm in no hurry so I'll research this thoroughly. I do think a cam and fuel controller would help

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For now I will likely just do the duraclutch. I have a lot of projects that have priority at the moment. I want something to allow my ranger to be a worker and to turn the 30" radial outlaws. From what I've read this suits me perfectly. Will I lose much topend?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had the tires and wheels on for a while now. Surprisingly the 30" outlaws turn better than I thought they would without clutch work. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't take a big hit off the topend. I've read a lot about the low gear use but nothing about the high gear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.