PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this and one of their badass belts on my 2018 1000. What an improvement over the stock setup, no more jerky starts. Mine was so bad my wife wouldn't even drive it, she always just used the old 800. Very easy installation. Hardest part is getting the belt cover out.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And no ECM tune? Would probably be back to jack rabbit starts:)
That's for sure. This thing is jack rabbit enough with the stock 82hp :) I saw their video with the 100hp tune, I don' think I need that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just ordered the Gilomen ECM/tune, Elite clutch kit and his bad-ass belt. Only 50 hours on the Ranger, and although I was hesitant to mod the machine until the warranty expired next January, I decided WTF, life's short. If I blow it up I'll fix it. The Mrs may not be happy, she wanted doors and a heater:shame:

Any guidance/gotcha's on doing the install of the ECM and clutch kit?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just did the clutch kit. It is a very easy install. When you remove the belt cover, pull it out some, move it forward and pull the bottom of cover outward and try to rotate it CCW and the front will come out downward. The directions are very thorough for the clutch part. I removed the airbox lid and the air intake hose from the air box and pushed it up out of the way. The belt cover bolt on the bottom rear is hard to get to, I had to use a 1/4" universal joint on that one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Installed the clutch kit, ECU tune and BadAss belt last night. Everything went in fine, and Terry Gilomen was very patient in answering my dumb questions; great customer service! I'm so glad I did this all at once! I'll break-in the new belt 40-50 miles, and then go back and adjust the belt/sheave alignment after everything finds its happy place. Amazing how much better the clutch works!

A 5/16" wiggler socket is nice to have for the one pesky clutch cover bolt :eagerness:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installed the clutch kit, ECU tune and BadAss belt last night. Everything went in fine, and Terry Gilomen was very patient in answering my dumb questions; great customer service! I'm so glad I did this all at once! I'll break-in the new belt 40-50 miles, and then go back and adjust the belt/sheave alignment after everything finds its happy place. Amazing how much better the clutch works!

A 5/16" wiggler socket is nice to have for the one pesky clutch cover bolt :eagerness:
Glad to hear your install went well. No matter what I work on there is always one pesky bolt. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts