PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my ECU from Terry and can't wait to try it. But while I have my 900XP up on jack stands and the tire off for better access to the clutch cover I thought I'd grease the wheel bearings first.
How does everyone like their tune?

Zonk

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Your going to love it Zonk. Like going from crosman to edgun. Clutch engagement alone is worth the price.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have had mine for over a month on my ‘19 XP 1000 and am still blown away every time I use it! Between the ECU tune, the adjustable weight clutch tune and the belt I bought from Gilomen it’s amazing!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Y'all make me jealous, I've seen the videos but bought the 5 year warranty with this one, my last ranger blowed with 700 miles on it so I have gotten fond of that warranty

·
Registered
213 Posts
Y'all make me jealous, I've seen the videos but bought the 5 year warranty with this one, my last ranger blowed with 700 miles on it so I have gotten fond of that warranty
I bought a 4 year extended warranty with mine as well. They were not concerned with my “add ons”... they just won’t pay for them if they break. Only cover what came on the unit. I am okay with that😁!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I finished greasing all four wheel bearings and installed the weights. Backed it out of the barn and gave it a try. WOW what a difference there was!!! Take off was VERY smooth and acceleration was unbelievable, I put it in low gear and it damn near lifted the front end off the road!! I can't believe it's the same machine.
Zonk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yup😳! 👍

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I forget exactly where you find it like maybe 25mph to 45mph but defently a power band there that you can really feeling the difference in. Lots and lots of power being made. Yes I like mine.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
i installed one on my XP 1000 Northstaralong with their belt and clutch spring. I did not install the plastic blocks. It seemed to make the clutch work better for a while. it did slow down top speed though. I am tot ally OK with that, as I don't get off the farm with mine maybe run 1/2 mile at most on the county road. When I switched it to perf mode one night heading home I stuck my foot in it like I usually did in work mode. It laid me against the seat and I felt like the loader hit me in the back!!! We keep it in the work mode and I keep it in low while my wife runs in high, and wears the belt. We use oaurs on the farm for dhecking cattle and running equipment back and forth.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The ONLY time my Ranger isn’t in “performance mode” is when I load it on the trailer 🤣!

·
Registered
213 Posts
How do u get ahold of Terry about the giloman tune
I used the contact info on his site I think. Maybe emailed first, then a phone call.

·
Registered
213 Posts
get on the site at Gilomen Innovations and fill out the questions they ask about your ride. Accessories you added, how you use it, tires, blah, blah, blah. He then customizes tune to you. Gives you prices as you add things to your list...new ECU, flash yours, used ECU etc. Standard clutch tune, adjustable weights version (what I bought) and if you want a new belt ( I bought that too.) he also has a spring for the secondary clutch if your running bigger than 29” tires. And I also installed his washer for the primary clutch braking. Once I submitted my form and sent him my ECU they called me to verify some stuff. Very quick, very thorough, very easy and most of all...VERY awesome 😎!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts