PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Polaris Glacier II plow on my Ranger 570 midsize. I installed the actuator to move plow side to side with control buttons on the shifter. I used it all
Last season no problems. I used it today for 1st time this year. I plowed for about 2 hrs and everything worked great. Stopped for a lunch break, about an hour. When I went out again the plow blade will not move side to side using switches anymore. Checked all fuses and ok.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I’ll be pissed if actuator motor is shot it cost me over $700.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,318 Posts
Is it literally frozen or did any of the attachment bolts near the pivot part loosen up?

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
4,101 Posts
Are the buttons run through a relay of some sort before they send power to the acutator motor? I don't know how much current the actuator motor requires but if it's more than the capacity the switches on the shift knob are designed to carry the switches may be fried.
I suggest testing the switches to assure continuity when they are pushed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the buttons run through a relay of some sort before they send power to the acutator motor? I don't know how much current the actuator motor requires but if it's more than the capacity the switches on the shift knob are designed to carry the switches may be fried.
I suggest testing the switches to assure continuity when they are pushed.
Ya, I’m suspecting the switches. But it’s worked ok for past 2 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts