PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,
I am looking at upgrading my glacier plow to either a pro or a pro hd. I am in the research stage. My utv is a ranger 900 xp. We do mostly on concrete and very little gravel. Please tell me if liked and dislike of the ones you have.
Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I sold my Glacier II after a few years and considered it a light duty plow. Outside of quick attachment the build quality did not fit my needs. Not sure if your looking for a full hydraulic plow or winch lift manual angle. I just finished plowing a foot of snow with my new SnowDogg plow and it worked great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a glacier 1 that is way to light duty for my 900. Really I'm trying to find out if the quick attach is worth the money on the PRO HD.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Just to toss a fly in the ointment, have you looked at the KFI plows? I bought one and they are very well made and heavy duty with a price that is very competitive if not lower than some others. They offer an option to upgrade to a hydraulic actuator to swing the plow as well. There are videos of the KFI plows being made on YouTube which show their construction.
Attachment and detachment is quick and easy with the KFI as well, although not hands free.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just to toss a fly in the ointment, have you looked at the KFI plows? I bought one and they are very well made and heavy duty with a price that is very competitive if not lower than some others. They offer an option to upgrade to a hydraulic actuator to swing the plow as well. There are videos of the KFI plows being made on YouTube which show their construction.
Attachment and detachment is quick and easy with the KFI as well, although not hands free.
Love my KFI Denali pro with Hydroturn. Bought mine on Amazon when they had a deal of a free hydroturn a few years ago. As much as I wanted a Polaris glacier HD, snodog or boss, I was having a dififcult time justifying the price. Literally putting to pins in the frame and hooking the winch strap on takes 1 minute. I keep it on a snowmobile dolly/caster set and just wheel it out of the way and wheel it in to close position when I need it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price is a big hang up, but after twisting my glacier. I don't want junk, but 1800 was my quote for the pro hd plow. Then another 500ish for the hydro. I am having a hard time swallowing that much. I will look into the KFI again.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You can get a Western, Boss, or even Snow Dogg straight blade, all hydraulic for around $2300 if you can install the mount plate yourself.

I went with the hydraulic v blade for my snow removal business and am very happy. The extra cost vs the straight blade was well worth it.

I would go commercial grade plow if you’re in that $2200-$2300 range. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Boss or Western , highly recommend
IMG_9730(1).jpg
Resized_IMG_9724.jpeg

Boss or Western V plow. You can stack the snow with the V plow in a scoop. In a V it goes through anything, look at the height of the plow VS the Polaris.
More money but you will be happy.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Boss or Western , highly recommend View attachment 130034 View attachment 130033
Nice Ranger!! I wanted to go with my closest dealer and the Western. But the Boss dealer gave me too good of deal. Only thing I’m fighting right now is the attack angle (my 2” bracket lift is creating issues, I’m hoping I can adjust the shocks to offset)

Boss or Western V plow. You can stack the snow with the V plow in a scoop. In a V it goes through anything, look at the height of the plow VS the Polaris.
More money but you will be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts