PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New tires & wheels finally showed up today... wanted to post a couple of quick pics. Sorry for the crappy quality - phone camera is not good.

Tires are Outlaw Radials 30x10x14 on MSA M12's. Installed Super ATV arched arms last weekend. Had to do a little mod to my Marshall Motoart 2.5" lift brackets to make them work with the arms.

Got the tires on after work and drove it around a little bit this evening. Couldn't get anything to rub. I'm still running the shocks inside and at the softest preload - very happy I didn't have to change these. The tire ride is smooth as stock even on asphalt, but I can definitely feel the increased weight. I knew these were heavy tires, but when I first picked them up it really surprised me. The 900 seems to have no trouble getting them rolling in high gear. One thing I really like is that low range is actually usable now... no more winding it out to 4000rpms just to go faster than walking speed.

Can't wait to test the new gear out in the nasty blue marl ruts on the way to camp... hopefully now I won't be dragging my belly like the last trip. :eagerness:

Reactions: Twisted10

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Looks awesome man. I had the 28 radials on mine and I can promise you won't be let down. The radials are the best radial tire out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... I came really close to buying the Interco Interforces instead since they were nearly half the price, but there's hardly anybody running them. The radlaws seemed to be very well regarded. Was just a little hard for me to justify spending more on tires for the Ranger than tires for my truck!

The SATV arms are 2" forward. That plus a 2" lift is definitely required to clear these particular 30's.

Will post a couple more pics with better daylight and camera.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This shows how bad I was dragging before - even in very minor ruts with the stockers and no lift. I left those belly scrapes on the way in, and this was on the way out. No more of that! :)

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
....The SATV arms are 2" forward. That plus a 2" lift is definitely required to clear these particular 30's.....
Gotcha. I just wanted to clarify that you had the forward arms. I didn't think it would clear 30's with only the 2.5" lift.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few better pics...

Finally in the bucket club...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I finally got my 28" Terminators in last week. there is a major difference between stockers!! Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bike looks great. Glad to see the lift worked out. What did you do to get it to work better with the SATV Aarms?
Thanks! If you scroll up to the first post, there's a link to how I fixed it. I'm guessing your installer probably considered this, but decided there might be potential for liability if he did. It's rock solid for me so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very nice idea on getting the lift to work!! Given how popular these two items are (SATV arms and MM Lift), I am surprised the original issue had not come up before on this form. Again, bike looks great with the full set up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.