PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
I filmed one my daily rides with the wife. I don't know if it's appropriate to post here, you never get to see more of the ranger than the hood when the suspension compresses.

Thanks sam and wife, I loved it.
It's very appropriate to post here and I hope to see some more in the future.
If you can, please post what kind of camera mount you used, great job.
PS. Yes, my heart beats go up before we go for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: samhallnc

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sam and wife, I loved it.
It's very appropriate to post here and I hope to see some more in the future.
If you can, please post what kind of camera mount you used, great job.
PS. Yes, my heart beats go up before we go for a ride.
Glad you enjoyed it. Filmed with a GoPro 7 Black

·
Registered
859 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it. Filmed with a GoPro 7 Black
I ment, what kind of mount because of the smoothness of the video.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Good driving techniques. Very smooth riding/driving.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ment, what kind of mount because of the smoothness of the video.

Ah, sorry; It's just mounted to the hood with the adhesive mount that comes with the GoPro. It's smooth because of the stabilization in the camera itself; I was very impressed with the quality of video it takes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Ah, sorry; It's just mounted to the hood with the adhesive mount that comes with the GoPro. It's smooth because of the stabilization in the camera itself; I was very impressed with the quality of video it takes.
Now that's an amazing camera, I'll be dammed, I guess someone is in the market for go-pro hero 7 black. Thank you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another section of trail I'm working on. Clearing the path takes me very little time, but it's been so rainy in the last year that I'm not keeping up with the mud. My tires are great for getting through deep mud, but they dig trenches in my trails. You wouldn't believe how bad my yard looks right now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way that water I go through at the beginning has 50 full size cinder blocks in it now. It needs more work but I'm in no danger of getting stuck there right now.

·
Registered
859 Posts
This is great, my machine is in the dealership for 3 weeks already for the prop shaft BUT I just took a ride with Sam.
As long as you don't widen the path and lay blocks down, you're good.
I'm used to the wife in the background but I'll have to accept it and move on LOL.
Are you in a crew?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is great, my machine is in the dealership for 3 weeks already for the prop shaft BUT I just took a ride with Sam.
As long as you don't widen the path and lay blocks down, you're good.
I'm used to the wife in the background but I'll have to accept it and move on LOL.
Are you in a crew?
Glad to have you onboard :) I didn't get a crew because I'm so often having to turn around in the woods. It's hard enough to turn the 3 seater around, sometimes it takes 30 point turns lol. That does mean I've sometimes got children in the bed.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Your first video is a great example for some members that say that they can't carry a conversation in the ranger and proceeding with a sound kit or carpet or some kind of insulation.
But, to each is own.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, we've got no windows or doors and have no trouble talking. If I can hear after years on the Harley with no hearing protection, anyone should be able to.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks like you have some nice trails. My wife gave me a go pro 7silver for Christmas. They are fun to experiment with. my problem is i never have it with me when i see cool stuff lol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
They're nice little cameras, but not cheap. For years I was using a GoPro 3?, or 3+? I think it was? Gave it to my nephew a few months ago. I only ride at my place in West Virginia. I mounted it on the hood of my '12 Ranger 800HD. Took videos on every ride so I have "A Lot". Battery draining quickly became an issue. I'm talking only lasting 15mins. on a charge. So I always kept extras on me. A few years ago I finally had to change to a different camera because at the time, some of the GoPro's were still having battery issues. So I went to a Spypoint XCEL HD. Nice little camera but nothing near the capability of the GoPro. Used the Spypoint for two years. Then last year I started looking at the GoPro's again. Decided to go back to GoPro and bought a slightly older model. Went with the GoPro Hero 5 Black. NICE!! And yea, the Image Stabilization on this one is sweat. Don't know how to post videos and I don't do any Social Media stuff. Your vid's are nice, thanks for posting..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you know you could insert the speedometer and compass?
I found an iPhone app that records audio separately and then mixes it with the gopro video, and that app would overlay speedometer but that's the only way that I know of. Is there a way with just the GoPro? I'd like to add at least the speed if possible.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sam I use the Gopro app to overlay the speedometer that is the only way I know of. How to you post videos to here? I tried and it told me it was too big to post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sam I use the Gopro app to overlay the speedometer that is the only way I know of. How to you post videos to here? I tried and it told me it was too big to post.

I think that you have to open a YouTube account, upload it to YouTube and then open YouTube, copy your video and paste in here.

Reactions: shadebaby

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I try to paste the video it just pastes the link not the video any tips?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts