PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's very impressive. i run a Boss HTX plow on my Tundra and this is every bit the equal. the Ranger handles the weight of the plow very well. i installed heavy duty front and rear springs from High Lifter and have about 400lbs of ballast in the back. really impressed with the plow and the mount. almost no clearance is lost and I can't believe how high the plow can be lifted. not cheap but it is light years beyond any UTV/ATV plow I have used.

it will get its first test tonight with another 10-12" of fresh snow expected. i did some testing yesterday on some big snow banks and it's a beast. I just need some doors now....it's frigging cold.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
938 Posts
That’s a nice one. Have fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just back from sea trials in the new rig. I really can't say enough good things about this plow setup. The only annoying thing is the location of the Ranger's shift lever. It pushes snow much better than my Tundra with a straight blade Boss and the short wheelbase is a dream come true in the tight spots. Highly recommended if you have to deal with alot of snow.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
180 Posts
Your Boss plow is quite something!
I may not have as much as much snow as you... I am having good performance with a MotoAliance Denali plow.
We have a dedicated plow truck (older 3/4 Chevy) for the big duty stuff, and I use my '20 XP plow for clean up, tight driveways and steeper terrain.
In my opinion, all the harsh stuff that can be hit, is really hard on a Ranger square tube chassis & drive train. So I'm not using it as the primary plow vehicle (10 homes on a 3/4 mile drive).
And yes the shifter sucks for repeated back & forth - you never know if you are going to catch a gear.
We usually plow at 5:00am before people go to work, so night time plowing it is. We also try not to wait till the snow is deep. I will plow twice a day if needed. Plowing 4-6"is easier the 8-12". Of course we rarely get 12" of snow at any given time...
Enjoy your plowing ISZ!

Reactions: catmanLE

·
Registered
73 Posts
it's very impressive. i run a Boss HTX plow on my Tundra and this is every bit the equal. the Ranger handles the weight of the plow very well. i installed heavy duty front and rear springs from High Lifter and have about 400lbs of ballast in the back. really impressed with the plow and the mount. almost no clearance is lost and I can't believe how high the plow can be lifted. not cheap but it is light years beyond any UTV/ATV plow I have used.

it will get its first test tonight with another 10-12" of fresh snow expected. i did some testing yesterday on some big snow banks and it's a beast. I just need some doors now....it's frigging cold. View attachment 133526

it will get its first test tonight with another 10-12" of fresh snow expected. i did some testing yesterday on some big snow banks and it's a beast. I just need some doors now....it's frigging cold. View attachment 133526
WOW...... Nice! How much does the whole unit weigh?

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
562 Posts
Now you need tracks. I didn’t buy that pile because of the weight. It sure is a nice plow though!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW...... Nice! How much does the whole unit weigh?
i think the plow and mount are about 450lbs. I'm running it now with 400lbs of ballast in the bed. So far there is absolutely no need for chains. There is only about an inch of front clearance lost with the mount and the heavy duty springs do a great job handling the weight. Amazing piece of machinery.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts