PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Duraclutch we use and sell offers a guarantee that if you burn a belt within 5000 miles or a year they will give you a belt. Fit 800, 900 and 900 Diesel models

How can they do that? Because the system works so well and the belt is always in constant tension and grip. The internal centrifugal clutches inside their primary are doing the work on start off not the clutch coming in and grabbing the belt like the stock system

Feel to call me about this.

Todd

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Todd what is the price?
Thanks
Vic

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
Sounds interesting Todd. Would this also provide real engine braking? But would it be a power robber like the Yamaha setup?

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
I think I read somewhere that the kit was designed for up to 28's.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me try and answer all questions in one comment.

Similar to the rhino in the fact that the belt is in constant contact and have engine braking all the way to stop due to a Sprague in this primary.

A little pricey at $1200 shipped from us but you get the Duraclutch primary which is totally different, a new secondary EBS style with helix and a belt plus a belt tool.

Power robbing like a Yamaha. The Yamaha is power robbing because it is a CVT just like this one so no power loss with this. Actually a increase of 50% in low end pulling power due to the belt not slipping on start off and my personal top speed went up 1 mph and much smoother getting there.

As it comes it works well with tires up to 28" Some tuning parts are available if you are willing to work with us for the larger tires.

Feel free to call me about it. I freaking love mine and it is the main reason I think we are going to keep our 900 instead of use it for business meaning testing products like this Duraclutch and move on to next vehicle.

Todd

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
I really don't think $1200 is out of line, considering the advantages a system like this could have.

Could you explain a little more about the Yamaha comparison? I always assumed it was their clutch setup that made the Rhino feel gutless compared to the Ranger.

My dad has a Ranger 800 now and coming from years of Honda ATVs, I know real engine breaking and smoother engagement would appeal to him.

Heck, I'd even be interested in a RZR version. I think it would be ideal for the low speed rock crawling that we do.

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
427 Posts
The yamaha clutch setup is about as good as it gets reliability. I wouldnt say gutless mainly because its 660,700 powerplants are single cylinders and the top speed governed way low by the factory. My yamaha was the most trouble free machine i owned and also the most abused and neglected machine i ever owned.

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
They're definitely reliable, no argument there. But even when we had 500 Rangers, the 700 Rhinos in our group couldn't keep up. Even in low range, the power difference was obvious.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
id be more than willing to do a test fitting and COMPLETE write up for the midsize 800..lol Ive got factory tires and ive got 27" kendas to throw at it in some nice slow rock crawling terrain...lol (wink wink nudge nudge..) hahaha.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will Reed, tried to quote you but computer messed up.

Comparing this or even stock ranger to rhino is not a good one. Rhino uses, roller weights in primary, a wet clutch and a secondary similar to this one. As far as power loss over what is in there now, there is none, as mentioned earlier it gains power down low due to the belt being engaged all the time. The only real comparison is the engine breaking part because the rhino has a Sprague called a one way bearing by many but not to be confused with the one way bearing in some Polaris clutches, same name totally different.

The Duraclutch has engine braking due to the EBS style secondary like a Browning Edition 900 has and then the primary has a sprague in it so the belt will not turn faster than crank or it will not free wheel.

Midsize 800? I will have to ask

RZR? It is coming and yes it would be perfect for a rock crawler. I have been in talks with them about tuning for big tires on the RZR's

Todd

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
That's a perfect explanation Todd. I'm sure I won't be the only one to have that question.

What's the life expectancy of the centrifugal clutch? What kind of warranty does the Duraclutch system come with?

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a perfect explanation Todd. I'm sure I won't be the only one to have that question.

What's the life expectancy of the centrifugal clutch? What kind of warranty does the Duraclutch system come with?
They have been extensively tested on Polaris military rigs in use in the military, tested in desert etc and they been out a while. No issues I know of. Warranty? I am embarrassed to say I don't know, never came up before. I will find out, if they give you a 5000 mile warranty on burning belts I think they got your clutch covered.

Todd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts