PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I perceive alelks to be a kind of 'straight forward' guy; I'm taking the liberty of posting his question earlier from the frame damage/conspiracy topic here that was (thankfully) locked earlier:

<font color="red">Alelks previously said:

"...It doesn't matter to me how the crash came about or how bad it was. I would just like to know how to gusset the stock frame to make it stronger. I think that is what we can all learn from...
Can someone tell me if anything was done to beef up the frame itself? It's obvious that the roll cage has some changes but how about the frame?..."</font id="red">

I had asked the same question several times myself; even hoping to get some information as to the condition of the DF frame that nobody seems to have anything but second-hand information about. Seeing that we will most likely never get anybody to simply come up on here to give us more detailed pictures of how either of these frames fared or where and even how extensive the damage indeed was...the following basic question still begs to be answered:

Will these aftermarket folks forgo the much easier money to be made on accessories that more people will buy....or will they concentrate FIRST on providing us with either photos of their newly gussetted rigs or even (preferrably) sell the pieces themselves for the sake of our safety and investments?

The above has absolutely nothing to do with how Polaris builds these things (never has; yet it is obviously something that I have had to repeat over and over to the 'excitable'); nor the fact that nobody evidently thought this type of studied engineering to be important when prepping race Rzrs for their first time out.

We simply desire either pictures of how a properly re-engineered frame is built up or the parts to attach them ourselves.(sorry, but many of us will pass on the 'bling bling' until this job is accomplished).

Thank you for your input in advance; as this is not another "he got t-boned at 50 mph; not just pushed to the side at the same speed" thread; yet a request to the aftermarket vendors out there that we need this product or some proud pics as to the quality of the design engineering that comes out of their shop, ASAP.

John
(by the way, signing up for a PRC sponsorship might not be such a bad idea either; as we are pretty thirsty for you guys to start introducing this stuff any day now and business relationships are frankly begging here to be built very soon).

·
Registered
186 Posts
let me get this straight, some folks were RACEING at 50 MILES PER HOUR they CRASHED, and bent and broke their machines. so now every after market company needs to go out right a way and offer full proof roll bars and frames? i have seen the rzr, its frame is way stronger than i will ever need and what i need is accessories that will help me enjoy it. i think most folks will fall in my catagory, the rest will have to call their local race shop.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think you should talk to some experienced race chassis fabricators about acceptable amounts of crush in a wreck before you guy trying to play engineer and demanding things that I doubt you know much about. If you knew enough about cage design to know what to demand, you would be able to build it yourself. I'm no expert, so I don't criticize a professional's design if the occupant walks away, I figure it worked. You're no pro, and I'm no pro, leave the safety equipment design to the pros.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Bruce Cahill, You will never nor anyone in this fourm provide any info that SxS will take as a reply only, he will take any reply and turn it upside down or take it apart, this post from SxS come from another one that was lock. Hope this one gets lock too. ;-)
Bruce you will see that SxS will take this reply and make it BAD ;-)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Bruce
[br]"let me get this straight, some folks were RACEING at 50 MILES PER HOUR they CRASHED, and bent and broke their machines...."

I really want to keep this thing civil, Bruce; so let me define what you've offered above a little more accurately:

The 'folks' you refer to above were not any "Joe Schmoes" off the street...but professional racing shops that had partnered with Polaris to obviously bring this machine to the track before any consumer could indeed purchase one and do the same his or her self.

We have no idea who advised these shops to mix it up with these ultra-wide Rhinos in stock form and the Rzrs in ultra-narrow stock width; yet you are right...crash; roll; break and bend they did...to frankly no one's surprise that bothered to pay attention in junior high science class when physics was indeed the lesson taught that long-ago day.

"...so now every after market company needs to go out right a way and offer full proof roll bars and frames?..."

I don't know what a "full proof" roll bar and frame could ever be[?]....yet we have been inundated with posters both on this forum and elsewhere who have preached to us very frankly about the religion of both gusseting these light duty frames and constructing these roll bars properly before anyone heads to the racetrack.
As we all witnessed, the roll bars did indeed do their job.
Yet when the time came for the public to take a peek at just what had been done to these undersides in accordance with what our fellow poster's had almost exhibited a religous zeal concerning...we received a lot of nasty avoidance that I honestly really don't want to get into here again.(and I'm frankly surprised that anybody wishes to keep bringing this up; as this topic has absolutely nothing to do with that subject).

"...i have seen the rzr, its frame is way stronger than i will ever need and what i need is accessories that will help me enjoy it....."

I am simply asking the accessory shops to give us the same frame strentheneing parts that they are about to install after this first-ever double roll introduction and/or give us the pictures that we will need to do it ourself. My enjoyment first-hand comes from knowing that I won't have a totalled Razr on my hands if things do indeed go wrong in an 800CC glorified go-kart. You probably can't imagine that ever happening; I just witnessed it and couldn't frankly afford to fix what I just saw.

"...i think most folks will fall in my catagory, the rest will have to call their local race shop..."

I'm 'calling' the local race shop right now, my friend (see above)....as we presently don't have anybody but the Polaris partners to work with....and obviously they are now the 'experts' at providing the product or pictures that us mere 'peons' out here in the general public so desperately seek before launch.

Just a product or a picture, Bruce....will the issuance of either of these actually get in the way of YOU having fun withg your new Rzr come very soon?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cisco kid

Bruce Cahill, You will never nor anyone in this fourm provide any info that SxS will take as a reply only, he will take any reply and turn it upside down or take it apart, this post from SxS come from another one that was lock. Hope this one gets lock too. ;-)
Bruce you will see that SxS will take this reply and make it BAD ;-)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Kid,

If you trying to instigate trouble in any thread....that is exactly what will happen.

I haven't said a thing here that wasn't true or needed....and I find it quite disappointing that you choose to go this route over simple sabotage with absolutely no reason given.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts