PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Guys running Terminators??

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  FuriousJ 
#1 ·
I am looking at getting a new set of tires and wanted some opinions on the Terms. I am torn between 30" Bighorns or 29.5" Terms I am quite sure the Bighorns would fit my needs, but I have always wanted an aggressive tire like the Terms.

How do they ride on hard pack? What about normal trail riding? How well do they wear? Are they bad about tearing up the ground? Most of the trails we ride are a combination of red clay and gravel which can range from hard to very slick depending on the last rain. We occasionally hit the mud but I'm not a bogger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
IMO they ride a lot smoother than the mayhem tires I had on before. They fit my needs just perfect actually, keep in mind they are an aggressive mud tire and are going to chew on soft ground. Overall they are a great tire for my needs just wish they had a little less weight to them. And this is only my opinion others may very for your riding style.

#3 ·
They are a good tire for what they are. They aren't really a aggressive mud tire to me, if you want aggressive mid tire then get a outlaw or silverback. Imo a terminator is just a aggressive all terrain tire. They do desent in mud. I think for what you described they will suit you well. Also you should consider the 28" term, it runs tall, the 29.5 term runs short.

Reactions: Rum Runner
#4 ·
Aggressive all terrain does sound like more of what I would want. I don't know if there's much difference in the price. Do you know the difference in height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
You should consider the Mudder InLaws as well, 8ply tire. Love mine. :)

#6 ·
I have 29.5 Terms and I really like them. We ride everything from hard pack to creeks, mud and swamps. To be a heavy machine, they dig great. As far as tearing up the ground (your yard) just use your turf mode and don't make sharp turns. I think you'll like them. As littlebigrancher said the 29.5s run short.

#7 ·
I second that.

#10 ·
Bighorns and Terms are very different animals. If aggressive all terrain is what you're after, I suggest taking a hard look at Outlaw Radials. Despite the aggressive look, they run very smooth on hard pack, and track well at speed. Plus they will pull very close to pure mud tires when needed. Really great tire. Only downside IMO is the price.

Bighorn is also a great all around tire... until you hit a slick mud hole.

#11 ·
I'll second that. If it were up to me I'd skip both options and get the outlaw radial. I had them in the 28's and they were one bad ass tire. Only reason I don't run them anymore is that I'm a pure mudder, that's it.

#12 ·
I don't like the tread pattern on an outlaw radial they look like they only have a good pattern for forward traction nothing else. They remind me of a tractor tire.

Can anybody confirm the actual height of a 28 vs a 29.5 in the terms?

I know bighorn are totally different tires but they probably would fit my needs fine, they are my other option I like that they are radial the wear well and I like the pattern not to mention almost $200 in savings. I really just like the tread pattern on the terms along with the depth and the flat profile of the tire.

#13 ·
Well I can definitly 100% assure you that the radials will outdo the term in every aspect. The pulling traction is just as good in reverse as it is in forward. Anyone that has ever ran them will tell you they are amazing.

#14 ·
In my experience, the outlaw radials will suit your needs. Once I got mine, I never looked back.

#15 ·
I love my terms I had 28" outlaw radials before the terms and the terms will out pull those radials I had hands down. The lil red ranger is beast mode eats up rangers with 31 laws all day long.

#16 ·
Not surprised at your experience with 28" Outlaw Radials. There's a big jump in lug size from the 28's to the 30's - almost a different tire altogether.

#17 ·
See and I was highly impressed with mine. I'd follow my buddy with 29.5 outlaws all the time, just with a little more effort.

#18 ·
Yes big lug size difference from 28's to 30's. Also the terms will wear out faster because of the really soft comoound. Just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.