PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
building half doors for my ranger to the point now where need hardware .just need a good supplier to buy can anyone give me some helpful hints thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was going to check with the dealer to see if you can just buy a hinge and latch kit reasonably. I haven't done it yet. Have you checked?

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have called a couple dealers and they all need part numbers im going to try to find some one that has bought factory doors and see if they come with manual for doors . cant tell me that some one has hade a accident and needed hinges or latch go bad there has to be parts sheet on them some where .got frame made and looks great just don't want any want to mess up now and put something on it that wont work .thanks for the response

·
Registered
546 Posts
I agree, you have to be able to buy the hinges. A couple guys on here made some and they looked great I just don't want to spend the time. If I could buy the hinges it would be a fairly simple project to fabricate the doors.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have searched the internet, you are right we are gonna need a part number. I cant find a breakdown on the doors anywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talked to a young man at dealership in Kentucky said he was going to look for me parts off new door kit explain to him what I was up to . guess we will have to see about it. just keep welding and bending till then the doors I am building I saw on here its the one about dust problem solve real good info help out a lot think going to do same as that young man wrap them in some sumbrella black. looks good and clean thanks for the help and comments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Let me know when he gets back to you, that will be great if he comes up with a part number.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Search on eBay. Polaris Ranger Doors. There are a couple of different kits on there now with the OE Polaris numbers.

Du

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no such luck thanks though .cant believe that cant get in touch with someone who has Polaris cab or aftermarket cab does not have a parts booklet that come with it that might have hinges and latches in it.. might just be that hard to find just keep looking ..going to cll couple different atv.utv junk yards tomorrow to see if they have any thanks for the input

·
Registered
113 Posts
you can buy pro armor latches for about 40 bucks

·
Registered
217 Posts
building half doors for my ranger to the point now where need hardware .just need a good supplier to buy can anyone give me some helpful hints thanks
I installed Polaris half doors and the hinges are built into the door frams and mounting skirt...not separate. The latches were separate but unsure of manufacturer. Contact Curtis Cabs, they make cabs for many makes of sxs's and tractors. I'll bet they can suggest something for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well gotnews from Polaris dealer today and seens as if you can buy the hidges and latches but by the time you do that you as well buy the whole thing . so I guess im off to the local farm store to find the closest type of latch and hinge to get this job done well its going to be still whole lot cheaper than I was expecting it to be.thanks for al the replies if I can find out how to put finished product on here I will thanks again

·
Registered
559 Posts
The two links below are a couple of kits. The one you can't see much in the pic. The second one is likely what you we're looking for. A little bit higher than what I thought, then again Genuine Polaris parts. Definitely derailed my plans, sort term...

Good luck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-Ranger-Cab-Door-Kit-2878047-New-/321572491509?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4adf36d0f5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POLARIS-RANGER-SOFT-DOOR-MOUNTING-KIT-NO-DOORS-2878853-/151396022580?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233fe7f934&vxp=mtr

Du

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
your the best that's what we been looking for l[ttle more than I was looking for but also went today to forktruck dealer and check on cab catches that's what they call them about the same price but a lot heaver don't know if that's nessary but nice .don't know what im going to do yet thanks Lugs

·
Registered
559 Posts
$400 maybe a deal for all the hardware.... However ....I am not sure that my handy work creating the rest of the door would coincide with the fine hardware.

Du

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well did some shopping around at different tracktor shops and forktruck shops handles and latches are a hot item for cost so did some online research and found latches and slip hinges on line almost the same as polaris. going to get some and see if its the same as we are looking for .looks the same at a stand still on doors now thats the next step .have good fit on framing and have the material work in progress as they say thanks Lugs

·
Registered
546 Posts
If they look like they will work let me know where you found them I would really appreciate it. Thanks for the research!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok no problem should have them first of the week realy looking forward to get these done ..lot of fab on them but worth it try to get some photo on here before i get the painting started be in touch Lugs

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts