PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2014 midsize 570 and I constantly bottom out and hit rocks . I just picked up a set of 14" sixr wheels wrapped with rip saws (only 600 bucks heck of a deal I thought) but im still having issues with bottoming out and hitting rocks. so I just ordered the 2" lift from super atv and the picture on the web site isn't what was delivered. I thought I was ordering relocation brackets for the shocks but what I got is spacers that go above the shocks. just wondering what anyone thought of this lift and if there is any problems it will cause.
I'm not a big mud rider and I don't beat my machine but I do enjoy riding. and I use it more around the house and for hunting then anything else . I really don't want to get into changing axels and having problems everytime I go out for a ride. so I don't want to install a lift that will cause me more problems than its worth.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know exactly which picture you're referring to from SATV's website; II too was misled a little. Next time you visit their page look under the "Instructions" section for their 2014 Ranger 570 Mid Size Lift Kit and there you will see pictures of the kit they actually sent you. The initial picture you saw with the rear lift brackets is the kit for the Ranger 500 and 800 Mid Size units. Anyways, the front (stack/puck) lift is pretty straight forward; this is what I'm using on my Ranger and it works great! The rear, spring compression/spacer I chose not to use because I didn't want my ride quality to change. However, after talking with a few folks here, it doesn't seem as though it changes the quality of ride all that much. Considering your style of riding, you shouldn't damage any part of your drive train by installing this kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply,
I did go check the instructions after I received the lift and realized what they sent me.
what I'm really concerned about is tearing up my axels , I've read horror stories about guys ripping them out and so forth.
thanks for the info .

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm extremely doubtful that if you ride like you say you ride, are running this kit, and 25", 26", or even a modest 27" tall tire, that you'll have any issues.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Just check your front axles and make sure they aren't pulling out the diff. That's what most people have issues with, not breaking them

·
Registered
973 Posts
I fully understanding the "bottom-out" even across modest challenges. I put a Marshall 2.5" lift on my unit and very pleased with the results. At this point, I see no need go higher given my daily use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts