PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for axle swaps for an automotive axle that can be put in the ranger crew, I need at least +6 axles, running a 6inch forward arched a arm lift front and rear, long travel setup, need longer axles and want a rhino alternative

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
For an extreme setup like that Id contact turner axles. They are as tough as they get. 6" forward a arms will put a lit of continuous stress on them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its 2" forward with 6" of lift and gives 5" width on both sides lol, im not spending 2k on axles after ive already spent 800 on them, just wanted to try an automotive, its for the rears, they arent moved back or anything they are just at more angle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
its 2" forward with 6" of lift and gives 5" width on both sides lol, im not spending 2k on axles after ive already spent 800 on them, just wanted to try an automotive, its for the rears, they arent moved back or anything they are just at more angle.
That's usually the catch with big ol lifts. The big ol price tags on axles you can't do with out....best of luck trying to find an automotive replacement. Maybe go the the parts store with your stocker and try and replicate what you need?

Sent from my twin-turbo charged iPad using Tapatalk...but I'm having trouble dialing in the boost so bear with me!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I seriously doubt you will find what you are looking for without it being custom made. Not much way to avoid $$$ when you lift big and want a reliable machine.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I seriously doubt you will find what you are looking for without it being custom made. Not much way to avoid $$$ when you lift big and want a reliable machine.
I like that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
13crew definitely one way of going about it. Does it happen to vibrate at all? It certainly is a cheap alternative! Looks like it would work if the cv's can handle the angle

Sent from my twin-turbo charged iPad using Tapatalk...but I'm having trouble dialing in the boost so bear with me!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I don't think the CV angle will be as much of an issue as the weak points of the shaft where they were welded. Let us know how they hold up.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Pre heat, and don't get them too hot when you weld, and cool them slow and they should be fine.

I used a dana 60 axle shaft for a front drive shaft on my rock crawler for several years and it held up better than anything else I tried.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far so good, its all together, when its not storming and cold in florida I will get some pics of the completed picture, i wound up biting the bullet and rebuilt all 3 rhino axles i had and then the one stock axle that was dom welded setup has held up, angles arent bad as i have went 5" wider on the width BOTH sides haha, and 6" taller, its pretty nasty, now im waiting for Power Toys Of Texas Juggernaut tire to be produced to do a 34" tall tire with either 15 or 16" rims not sure what hes producing them to use rim size yet, before yall say anything i will not use superior traction tires as they tried to steal glory and tell people the juggernaut tires were their own tire so i won't use them and wont recommend them to anyone. Terms in a 34 might be another option though

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
13crew definitely one way of going about it. Does it happen to vibrate at all? It certainly is a cheap alternative! Looks like it would work if the cv's can handle the angle

No, it doesn't vibrate but the only thing it does is the tire vibrations at like 3 mph lol, mudlites suck for sure, waiting for the right tires and ill order them

I don't think the CV angle will be as much of an issue as the weak points of the shaft where they were welded. Let us know how they hold up.
The guy that did the cutting and welding the cut dom over the axles is an industrial underwater welder, he does an awesome job, we will just leave it at that haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will have pics of ranger on Tuesday, had to go to work offshore and will be home tuesday, will get detailed pics and ground clearance info and all, be ready! only running 28" mudlites right now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts