PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see what other members are using in the 2015 Polaris 570 Full Size for heater options. I assume the 2014+ XP 900 heaters would work, cannot find many options for the Full Size 570 besides OEM. Just checking to see what members have installed and their opinions are, ease of installation would be a plus. Any help would be Greatly Appreciated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe I have checked out ever post on this forum and others and have yet to run across anyone who has posted about a install of a heater in a 2015 Polaris Full Size 570, maybe I will be the first but I kind of doubt it. I emailed Firestorm also and received no reply if their 2014+ XP 900 would work on the 2015 570 Full Size as of this time. I appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I decided to go with the Summit Racing Cab Heater (SUM-991102-1). I will do a custom install and try to get the unit tucked under the dash and out of the way to allow for more cab space. It appears this will work. I had the dash cap off this week installing winch switch and a horn button and noticed the room in this area. I did find some Kat's hose fittings P/N 28113 that will work to tap into the radiator hoses and will probably install a shutoff valve of some type for the summer months. I have not decided if I will go with the defrost kit or just run a fan for the window. I was kinda looking for a easy install but decided to go with this option. I am sure I will run into some issues but it does not appear to be to difficult of a project.

·
Registered
207 Posts
im running that summit heater in my 900xp,,,,works awesome!! fairly easy install use the small one with 2 ports ,the one with 3 ports wont fit its too big for under the dash

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im running that summit heater in my 900xp,,,,works awesome!! fairly easy install use the small one with 2 ports ,the one with 3 ports wont fit its too big for under the dash
Sounds good - The 2 port heater is the one I ordered. Unclecrazy1 - Did you go with defrost ducts off one of the ports or not?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes I did,it works great

Reactions: Norsky

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the Fire Storm Compact it fits under the dash did not loose any storage,and has Two defrost vents,, Mine heats slow but once the Radiator get hot in works ,fan is A little loud.But all and all it's nice .

It's in a 2014 --900 xp

Reactions: Norsky

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a factory Polaris heater being installed by the dealer Friday so will be interested to see how she goes. All I know is that it better be good for the price:(

Reactions: green hornet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a factory Polaris heater being installed by the dealer Friday so will be interested to see how she goes. All I know is that it better be good for the price:(
I had a buddy contact me and told me to hold off on installing the Summit heater because he thinks he can get hold of a factory one for me at a good price. So keep us informed on how it works. I might have to put the Summit heater in the skid steer.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Will do and curious to see what she does in this cold!

·
Registered
77 Posts
You can not go wrong with the factory unit. You get what you pay for...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.