PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

Just purchased a 2015 Ranger 900 XP EPS pretty much loaded with plow, tracks, cab, etc, etc. I was told that Polaris does not make a heavy duty front spring for this model and was curious why not?? With a plow and plow extension for tracks you would think HD front springs would be a good idea. My local dealer is going to put some aftermarket ones on from High Lifter. I'm just curious what you all are doing in this situation...

Thanks!!

Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all;

Just purchased a 2015 Ranger 900 XP EPS pretty much loaded with plow, tracks, cab, etc, etc. I was told that Polaris does not make a heavy duty front spring for this model and was curious why not?? With a plow and plow extension for tracks you would think HD front springs would be a good idea. My local dealer is going to put some aftermarket ones on from High Lifter. I'm just curious what you all are doing in this situation...

Thanks!!

Dan

I have basically same set up as your self and have been looking at the highlifter springs to cure the squat when the plow is raised in the scoop position.
Let us know how you like the springs compared to the stock ones.

·
Registered
559 Posts
'13 800 full size. I put the sportsman spacers in/on my front springs, 350 lbs of sand, full cab and almost perfectly level with the plow raised full of fuel with driver. The adjuster collars are all the way up and in the outer position... If anything the rear is a little lower than the rear..... Maybe.....

Du

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have been looking at the highlifters for the rear for hualing firewood but they only add 200lbs 100 each one i wasnt sure if that would be enoght

·
Registered
106 Posts
I put front springs from a crew.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the highlighter springs on my 2013 900 and they made a world of difference when I hook up my boss v-plow. They are only 100 lbs each, but they make my 400lb blade 200lbs lighter. It'd be nice to have a spring compressor or a better wrench to turn the shock adjusters down in the summer, the factory wrench is a joke.

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
i have been looking at the highlifters for the rear for hualing firewood but they only add 200lbs 100 each one i wasnt sure if that would be enoght
(The High Lifter Lift Springs were engineered to provide about 100 additional pounds of capacity (per set) over the new stock springs). Quote from highlifters website. The HL springs are linear rated, they will have a harsher ride than progressive rated springs.

Depending on which model Ranger you purchase the OEM spring rates are different (LE vs Standard) on the XP, as well as the crew.
I have installed the #305 lb. OEM crew springs on the rear, and the #280 lb. on the front. The OEM springs are progressive rate, so I still have a smooth ride and more stability. It also reduces the squat of the ranger when loaded.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was on the fixmytoys site and was looking at different rangers.... does anybody know if the Brutus spring will work? they have 250's and 700's. I am guessing the 700's would be for the bucket and forks. I would use them only in the winter if I got the Boss V-xt.

·
Registered
68 Posts
(The High Lifter Lift Springs were engineered to provide about 100 additional pounds of capacity (per set) over the new stock springs). Quote from highlifters website. The HL springs are linear rated, they will have a harsher ride than progressive rated springs.

Depending on which model Ranger you purchase the OEM spring rates are different (LE vs Standard) on the XP, as well as the crew.
I have installed the #305 lb. OEM crew springs on the rear, and the #280 lb. on the front. The OEM springs are progressive rate, so I still have a smooth ride and more stability. It also reduces the squat of the ranger when loaded.
Toxic,

Did you have to put any spacers to make the front crew springs work? I read in another forum that the crew springs are shorter. Never can trust what you read so i figured i would bother you with it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
Toxic,

Did you have to put any spacers to make the front crew springs work? I read in another forum that the crew springs are shorter. Never can trust what you read so i figured i would bother you with it. Thanks
The springs from the 900 crew ARE the same length as the 900 standard cab.

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
Anyone looking for springs, especially units with plows. Check out the King Shock website.
They offer different rates and lengths, but are all a linear spring rate.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Anyone looking for springs, especially units with plows. Check out the King Shock website.
They offer different rates and lengths, but are all a linear spring rate.
2nd the advice...

Testing 200lb, 300lb, and 400lb springs....

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
TJM, by the pic, it looks like you are changing the length as well?

·
Registered
764 Posts
TJM, by the pic, it looks like you are changing the length as well?
Yeah, i've tried a lot if lengths/weights/combos... :)

i took the current setup for a test run today and i think i'm getting close.... 10" 300lb spring over 10" 400lb...

·
Super Moderator
6,840 Posts
I thought in one of your earlier posts when you received the new Kings, and they had the #200 lb top spring, that it may be working overtime on your crew.
Please post when you get it dialed in. Have you put Kings on the front or just the rear?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yeah, 200lb top spring was a bit too light...300lb top and 400 bottom seems pretty good....

Moved the 2.5" King air shocks up front...

if i had it to do again I'd do coil overs on all 4 corners...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts