PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so I don't know if this is the right section to post but I looking at this 06 Polaris raptor 500 and the guy had the head removed and said that the engine somehow had air in the piston and or system, but then said they had to replace the alternator, my qs is how true is this and is it something I can put back together or something I should look for, any shops in California that do good work and can look at it?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Sorry, but I really don't understand the question. Air in the piston? No idea.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Sounds more like it could be bad air intake, valve
If one does not know one is better off not taking the leap. AKA, money pit

·
Registered
499 Posts
okay so I don't know if this is the right section to post but I looking at this 06 Polaris raptor 500 and the guy had the head removed and said that the engine somehow had air in the piston and or system, but then said they had to replace the alternator, my qs is how true is this and is it something I can put back together or something I should look for, any shops in California that do good work and can look at it?
Welcome to PRC. I would keep looking......:cool:

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
158 Posts
Raptor is made by Yamaha, and they never made a 500.

Ranger 500 never had an alternator.

Sounds like whoever was messing about with it didn't know what they were doing and who knows what else they might have screwed up. If I was considering the project, I'd assume a new engine at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts