PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Ranger owner (1000 Crew premium). Hopefully the dealer will have it in a few weeks. I need some help figuring out which windshield to go with. I am not looking to break the bank either. I live in Georgia where it is hot and humid 10 months out of the year. We had a flip down windshield on our golf cart that worked out well for us. The ones I am seeing online don't look that great to me. There was one that folded down and rested on the hood. It did have the seal around the windshield to protect it resting on the hood, but i still did not care for that. How are the windshields with the vents??? It gets so hot during the summer here,,, I definitely don't want to bake in the cab while I am riding with the family.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
First time Ranger owner (1000 Crew premium). Hopefully the dealer will have it in a few weeks. I need some help figuring out which windshield to go with. I am not looking to break the bank either. I live in Georgia where it is hot and humid 10 months out of the year. We had a flip down windshield on our golf cart that worked out well for us. The ones I am seeing online don't look that great to me. There was one that folded down and rested on the hood. It did have the seal around the windshield to protect it resting on the hood, but i still did not care for that. How are the windshields with the vents??? It gets so hot during the summer here,,, I definitely don't want to bake in the cab while I am riding with the family.
I'm in Florida, this is a windshield for you, it's worth the $550. (For a full size)

Make sure you get the double hard coated, scratch resistant is very important.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,017 Posts
I have a versafold as well. It’s up when it is cold, and down the rest of the time. I do have a glass Polaris rear because the difference in price seemed to be worth it for glass vs plastic.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have the Polaris glass windshield and back glass on my 1000. I take the windshield off for summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the back windshield keep dust and dirt from circling back and ending up in the cab?

I will add that we will only use this machine for leisurely riding. I have small kids so i doubt we will ever get this thing above 30mph and it will never see mud. We do have dirt roads and our main roads on the farm can get dusty during the summer,

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,017 Posts
Yes, that’s the reason for a back window.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Does the back windshield keep dust and dirt from circling back and ending up in the cab?

I will add that we will only use this machine for leisurely riding. I have small kids so i doubt we will ever get this thing above 30mph and it will never see mud. We do have dirt roads and our main roads on the farm can get dusty during the summer,
When I had the rear window I found that I had much more dust dirt and sugar Sand coming into the cab, so I took it off for better results, but I don't have a crew.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jimh406

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Premium with Winter package
142 Posts
I've got the solid glass front and rear, my plan is to remove front for summer and try to leave the rear on. I'm also considering a half poly front to reduce the wind on Mama when she's with me on cool summer evening rides.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Premium with Winter package
142 Posts
I've got the solid glass front and rear, my plan is to remove front for summer and try to leave the rear on. I'm also considering a half poly front to reduce the wind on Mama when she's with me on cool summer evening rides.
While a little pricy, I'm very happy with the Polaris glass system it's fairly easy to install and remove by myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had siezmic versa fold on my last unit and plan put one on my new one as soon as it arrives also... if your in a hotter environment and used to a golf cart style windshield like we are you will love it... I have nothing bad to say about it other than it is a little high but does have above average scratch resistance if you use some common sense.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I got a GCL plastic 2 piece, 2 thumb screws to remove the bottom 1/3. I like this for airflow and still keep the bugs/birds from hitting me in the face. Have a back canvas with window, well clear plastic, had a hard time keeping the bottom bracket on it but noticed less dust with it off, can't tell it's not there to look at it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I know if you run a front windshield and no back cover of some sort, they are some dust sucking machines. The very best condition for my summer use is take the front and rear glass off on the 1000XP. Adding the 1/2 doors on my 1000 helped a lot with the dust sucking problem. My 800 has a Kolpin hard coated lexan windshield that the top part can be removed or tilted out in 2 positions for air flow. I usually remove the top part for summer use.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,536 Posts
If anyone makes a glass flip down windshield that will work with a wiper that would be the best of all worlds. Wipers and plastic windshields, even hard coated, will eventually scratch when some grit is worked back and forth by the wiper.

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have been wanting a Polaris wiper for my glass windshield. I was unable to find one last year. It says on the Polaris website they are in production now and should be available in April.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am on my second Polaris glass flip up windshield and need to go shopping for a third. The first two developed cracks near the hinge and spread from there. The next one I will try a super atv hard poly flip up. Looks very similar to the Polaris flip up but not Glass

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2018 6 seater Ranger and opted for the glass windshield, it has been great for 3 years now I even have wipers in it for the rainy season. When i want it off it pops off really easy with hand latches. My other rig (a Yamaha) had a plastic windshield that was about 5 years old and it was faded and scratched. Now my rear window is plastic and is in good shape.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just received my Texas Edition which I ordered. I contacted Polaris and they gave me $750.00 off the final purcase and $750.00 off accessories. I chose to get the hard coated polycarbonate windshield. Since I live in Texas and Hunt Iam not that concerned about dust, but during the winter and rainy days I like the protection a lighter weight windshield gives me. During the summer I leave it off and only out on during cold weather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started out with the Polaris glass front and rear but I soon got tired of the glass windshield on hot summer rides so I got a Seizmik Versa-fold. I did keep the glass rear but liked the Versa-fold so much I gave the glass windshield to a friend. Summertime riding is much more enjoyable now !

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I started out with the Polaris glass front and rear but I soon got tired of the glass windshield on hot summer rides so I got a Seizmik Versa-fold. I did keep the glass rear but liked the Versa-fold so much I gave the glass windshield to a friend. Summertime riding is much more enjoyable now !

Did you buy online? There are so many places online, I want to buy from a reputable dealer.

Does the windshield bounce around when its folded down and you are riding? I really like the looks of them I just can't tell if it Is it below eye level when your riding? like where it folds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts