PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I looked and looked online at the specs of the 570 mid size and crew size. They are both listed at 60" overall width. I ended up getting the 570-4 Crew Premium model because it had the power steering. I ordered a windshield which came in today. I immediately noticed it was not near as wide as I was expecting. Now I think I made a mistake getting the mid size instead of crew. I have a family of 5 and while the mid size would work now, the full size I think would work best as my kids get bigger. I have already put a $100 deposit at my dealer last week. They think the next shipment will be in , in a month. I was thinking about calling the dealership tomorrow and getting my salesman to change me to a Full size model,,,and then I could buy the Power steering online.

I have found no where online that specifically says what the dimensions of the seats are in the Mid Size vs Full Size. Maybe I am reading the specs/dimensions wrong everywhere, but everywhere i see lists the width on both at 60". Going by the width of the box, the Full Size is 12" wider, so I am assuming the Full is that much wider than the Mid in the seat.

I also considered the 1000 but I am not sure the extra $$$ is justified. I really just want the machine to piddle around our property and joy ride with my kids. I certainly dont want to haul rear end down the road with them in it, and i definitely dont want them doing that when they get older. I have read where the suspension is better on the 1000's, but I have also heard the 570's ride good. Keep in mind i am coming from a golf cart. Anything will ride better than that.

My main focus is having plenty of room for 5 people. 2 adults , 3 kids now. Having Power Steering and a good comfortable ride.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,017 Posts
If you want plenty of room, go with the full size crew. Midsizes only have two seat belts for each seat.

I think you’ll like the standard 1000 if you ever plan to carry heavier weight or pull anything. I believe they also have a different suspension, different interiors, and different ROPs. The profit windshield attachment systems are pretty nice.

The midsize is definitely more narrow. I don’t think that matters much to most people. I bought a midsize just in case I ever want to put in the back of a pickup. Of course, that goes out the window if I put wider than stock tires.

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Premium with Winter package
142 Posts
I had a hard time deciding full vs mid in the 570 although my needs were only for a machine that would work around the home and hunt camp, I wound up test driving both and liked the full with eps. I also tried the 1000 and would recommend a test drive. For a growing family a full size would certainly be best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whenever I have thought about the mid size and wondered who that machine is intended for, I conclude that it's for the exact customer you described (upgrading from a golf cart, just wanting to play in the yard).

The risk you run is that you'll enjoy being a sxs owner so much that you'll want to upgrade to the real deal!

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,017 Posts
I think the midsize is for someone who would rarely ever have a passenger, but wants to do work, and wants the smallest/lightest possible UTV. That’s what I do. It turns super tight and cross ditches with no issues at all and needs the shortest length in the garage or on a trailer. Still, it can haul a deer/elk, snow plow, plant seed, pull a drag harrow, haul dirt, move firewood, or anything else that fits in the bed.

I have no idea who the midsize crew is for. With only 4 seatbelts, that doesn’t give much room tp grow or room to carry items in the cab with passengers. I couldn’t even give my grandkids, and one daughter a ride at the same time with 4 seatbelts. My choice was Full size 6 or give them a ride one at a time. Since I expect rides to be rare, it wasn’t worth dealing with the extra length/width for me.

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up getting the Crew 1000 Premium. Was actually not really even considering it. I was planning on getting the 570-6 and adding the aftermarket power steering. I got to thinking about how that may play into a brand new warranty and then the salesman did his job by tossing the 1000 premium out there as bait and I took it. Hopefully it will be in sooner rather than later. We are excited about having it.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Premium with Winter package
142 Posts
Congrats. I think you really enjoy the bigger machine. I'm real satisfied with mine.

·
Registered
2019 Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew
24 Posts
I ended up getting the Crew 1000 Premium. Was actually not really even considering it. I was planning on getting the 570-6 and adding the aftermarket power steering. I got to thinking about how that may play into a brand new warranty and then the salesman did his job by tossing the 1000 premium out there as bait and I took it. Hopefully it will be in sooner rather than later. We are excited about having it.
Congratulations! I highly doubt you'll be upset about the upgrade! We love ours and use it daily from hauling firewood to the front porch, to skidding 12' logs out of the forest, animal feed hauling, plowing snow, taking the grandsons for a ride or spending time with friends out on the trails. Enjoy! And congratulations again!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whenever I have thought about the mid size and wondered who that machine is intended for, I conclude that it's for the exact customer you described (upgrading from a golf cart, just wanting to play in the yard).

The risk you run is that you'll enjoy being a sxs owner so much that you'll want to upgrade to the real deal!
I think the 570 Mid is also the "real deal" in terms of power, speed and usefulness around our property to haul wood, drag logs and plow. My wife and I take to it Hatfield/McCoy's and have not been stopped yet except for really deep mud. I do have it lifted, forward Arms and a set of Blackwaters so w
e can go anyplace a 1000, or Can-Am can go--but just don't get it airborne or hit big holes and rocks at high speeds. It has enough room for both of us and a backpack full of stuff between us. I almost traded it in for a General---but the bed was just too small to work out of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts