PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna test your machines durability ? Slap on a set of these bad boys from High Lifter and find out !!

High Lifter announces it's biggest tire yet. A monsterous 34.5" x 10.5" x 16" Outlaw 2 :distress:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think that tire is going to increase the sell of their gear lifts.

·
Registered
419 Posts
62 lbs each - definitely going to need a gear reduction to turn those things

·
Vendor
325 Posts
Do they still sell the gear lift, I haven't seen much of it since mudnationals.

·
Super Moderator
6,846 Posts
Do they still sell the gear lift, I haven't seen much of it since mudnationals.
Highlifter no longer sells the gear lift.
It is sold through the original manufacturer SXS Gear in Flint, Michigan.
$3400

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a buddy with a gear lift - after the first ride, all 4 boxes were leaking oil. I think there have been a lot of problems with the gear lifts that are out now - that may be why highlifter quit selling them. I have heard that there is a revised version coming out soon thats supposed to have all of the bugs worked out.

Reactions: Tucker05

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I heard the same rumors about the gear lift.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
What is a gear lift?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
What is a gear lift?
Think Hummer H1 if you've ever seen the way it's setup. Axles leave the diff nearly straight out to above the axle centerline. A series of gears from the axle to the hub rotate, turning the tires (best way I can explain it without a pic). Max ground clearance and almost zero axle angle.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Found a pic:

·
Super Moderator
6,846 Posts
I have a buddy with a gear lift - after the first ride, all 4 boxes were leaking oil. I think there have been a lot of problems with the gear lifts that are out now - that may be why highlifter quit selling them. I have heard that there is a revised version coming out soon thats supposed to have all of the bugs worked out.
Was the leak coming from the flat gasket between the portal box and the cover plate?
I have had a couple of discussions with Chris Keeter, owner of SXS Gear, about what IMO are some necessary changes in order for me to purchase a set. I have received several pics and videos from Chris, and IMO it looks to be a good product, but could be made better.

Any additional first hand information that you could provide, I would like to hear about it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am not sure - thats just what he told me after his first ride with them. I missed that one but i'll be on one soon with him.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've been looking at the rock crusher portal hubs as I love my 32.5 law 2's and wouldn't mind getting 34.5 law 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts