PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like to get some ideas on building me a headache rack on my xp1000. Any folks out there that have built their own?

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,198 Posts
Take a look at the racks by Hornet Outdoors. But, you may find it’s simpler and cheaper just to buy one.

Reactions: Moffettt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an electrician neighbor who made some out of metal electrical conduit using a manual bender. He used aluminum 1" I believe, which fits tight in the lock-n-ride holes. He showed me how to do it and we made some for mine out of galvanized which has a thinner wall. Both will fit, I just made mine tight using wraps of tape. I'll try and attach a picture.
Food Plant Yellow Toy Wood

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an electrician neighbor who made some out of metal electrical conduit using a manual bender. He used aluminum 1" I believe, which fits tight in the lock-n-ride holes. He showed me how to do it and we made some for mine out of galvanized which has a thinner wall. Both will fit, I just made mine tight using wraps of tape. I'll try and attach a picture. View attachment 141343
Great idea,I do have a tubing bender. Like to go with lite gauge steel and weld on some expanded metal to protect window. Great Idea Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like to get some ideas on building me a headache rack on my xp1000. Any folks out there that have built their own?
I’m not sure exactly what you want a headache rack like on semi trucks or like a ladder rack for a pickup I’ve built both for both one pic is a rack so my dog could go with me if built a little taller then the cab you could haul ladders or materials the pieces are welded to a piec of angle iron with the Polaris locks going down into the sockets
Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is the other one I have that I put on for trapping season again the base is anglewhit the Polaris locks the 1x3 tube on the side is for a small truck tool box that I use some times to hold equipment if you want a true headache rack to keep stuff from hitting you in the head from shifting cargo weld some expanded metal on it

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts