PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched multiple forums and I find a lot of people complaining about the horrible FM radio reception but no real solutions.
I called Polaris Customer service no help at all , I called a few dealer service departments again no help

This guy at Recreational Watts claims he has it figured out and offers a 100% money back guarantee. Before I go that route I thought I would ask and see if anyone has a better suggestion

I would like to get the factory antenna working rather than mounting another one that will get thrashed by tree branches and such.

This is a 2021 Ranger so it has the newest Polaris antenna and yes it is all hooked up correctly including the ground strap.
Any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
608 Posts
Serious Xm. Amazon prime music. I never listen to the radio. Just off my phone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had satellite radio and I am not impressed with it ... and I have my iPad mounted with all the same old tunes but I still want FM and AM ...not to mention it should be expected

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
76 Posts
I found when i added the led lights (yea good old beamtechs) to my machine with the lights on the reception is pure garbage. I did notice some better results when i secured my wiring purposely away from the antenna cord. And always when lights are off its night and day difference with hardly any static.

Does your machine have the factory led lights, halogens, or something else?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks @Gerb4653 . Yes my machine does have LED lights but I have been testing everything with them off and it doesn't make any noticeable difference with them on ...probably because it's that bad to begin with ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
FYI.... I finally purchased and installed the Recreational Watts antenna on my 2021 NS crew Ultimate , and it is definitely a major improvement.

https://recreationalwatts.com/produ...on-the-market-with-a-100-money-back-guarantee

The only problem is you basically lose most AM stations but you still get the WX weather stations

Stock Polaris Ride Command radio reception .... FM 3 stations ...AM 3 stations

Recreational Watts antenna with Ride command ..........FM 9 stations strong and all are much more clear .... AM ...1 weak

The biggest difference is the Rec Watts antenna is a power antenna and the stock Polaris antenna is not.
I hooked up the power amplifier to the stock Polaris antenna and I gained 3 more stations for a total of 6 but it was still not nearly as strong or clear as the Rec Watts set up

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am getting my OEM antenna from polaris replaced and will try it out the new one before I recommend the brand of antenna. It is an automotive brand of antenna. The OEM from polaris is really bad and a waste of money I think, and since I am only 20 miles from 3 major urban centres in the wide open prairies I was really disappointed with my mbquat viser radio reception. All I get is static and maybe 2 or 3 station sometimes clear. Otherwise if this is corrected its a lot of fun to take for a drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts