PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
"Everyone has their own experiences and preferences, and that's a good thing. We all like what we are familiar with and understand as well, especially if we work on our own stuff. "

;)Being familiar with the right stuff is how one avoids the pitfalls of the wrong stuff. It is like in the seventies with the muscle cars and drag racing...........If you wanted to go fast and win races you went with Chevrolet....... not Ford or errrrrr uhmmmmm on the tip of my tongue.....eeeeeee...sounds like Belowpar ....... NOpar ...somethin, somethin... Ah,,,I give up.. Just stick to Chevrolet:love: in the USA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Things have probably changed since I bought my 570 which is a 2015 Full Size (XP Chassis). I purchased the lease expensive model and added a roof, glass windshield, back window and doors. Later I realized the value of power steering so I added an aftermarket PS unit which works great.
I'm not up on current offerings but if you can get a full size 570 without PS for a decent price you can add PS for about $650, less during a sale. I got the Super ATV unit and it has worked flawlessly. Install was time consuming (a few hours) but not difficult.
Wow. I didn’t know the dealer could add Power Steering to any vehicle it doesn’t come standard on (or did you do this on your own or at another shop??). That might be the solution on the 570 Full Sized. I'll definitely plan on calling the various dealerships to see if there are any 900s they are looking to move off the lot and test drive the 570 Premium (with EPS), 570 Full Sized (+ adding EPS), and the 1000 EPS. At least I have some options across the range of specs without getting way out of line on my budget.

Thanks for all who chimed in and urged me away from a used vehicle with high mileage and uncertainty on the upkeep. I'd likely regret buying a bad machine I then have to sink money and time into than I will paying more upfront for a new model I know is going to run well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Wow. I didn’t know the dealer could add Power Steering to any vehicle it doesn’t come standard on (or did you do this on your own or at another shop??). That might be the solution on the 570 Full Sized. I'll definitely plan on calling the various dealerships to see if there are any 900s they are looking to move off the lot and test drive the 570 Premium (with EPS), 570 Full Sized (+ adding EPS), and the 1000 EPS. At least I have some options across the range of specs without getting way out of line on my budget.

Thanks for all who chimed in and urged me away from a used vehicle with high mileage and uncertainty on the upkeep. I'd likely regret buying a bad machine I then have to sink money and time into than I will paying more upfront for a new model I know is going to run well. Thanks again!
I'm pretty certain the dealer can add PS, but I added it myself. The PS unit I bought and used was one from Super ATV called EZ Steer. I believe it's a couple hundred dollars less than the Polaris unit. I've heard that the Polaris unit has a variable ratio which mine does not, but that wasn't a deal breaker for me. The EZ steer is one of the best improvements I've made to my 570.
If you're mechanically inclined doing work yourself can save you a lot of money over paying the dealer. If not, I'd try to find a reputable private ATV/UTV shop to do the work. Their shop rates are probably less because they don't have the overhead of a large dealership.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just saying -
Bought mine about 4 years ago with 10k miles on it. 950 hours. First thing I did was changing wheel bearings, all bushings, and that's it. It runs 300 hour since without big problems.

Only big issue I had was last year with the stator. (You can check my posts).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

41 - 45 of 45 Posts