PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a GPS lover and don't like to watch a screen 'jiggle' as I drive. This is my new '15 XP900 EPS.
Thought I would share a rock-solid solution for mounting a Ram-Mount "B" flange. Project time: 90 minutes.
View attachment 7962
Dashboard removed

View attachment 7963
Custom bracket to span the Ranger brackets that brace the center of the dash

View attachment 7964
I used a "C" channel type metal to help keep any flexing to a minimum.

View attachment 7965 The green Tie-Rap between the fender washers represents the factory Ranger bracket. I used 8-32x1.5" bolts with fender washers and Nyl-Lok nuts. (bracket is shown upside down)

View attachment 7966
Bracket installed. Now the alignment. The fitment of the bracket was a bit touchy and took 3-4 tries to emulate the angle of the dash cover before I got it just right. The goal was to touch the bottom of the plastic dash but not distort how it fits when you cinch down the Ram-Mount GPS flange.

View attachment 7968
Almost ready to mark the holes for the Ram-Mount after drill and tap for GPS flange mount.

View attachment 7969
With center radio/switch array removed, you can damn near climb into the dash to mark your drill holes.

View attachment 7970
Bracket final resting spot

IMAG0349.jpg
Innocent looking. No unusual vibration.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
the attachments do ....'0'.....nothing....

·
Registered
899 Posts
I mounted mine to the roof. Easier to look at, very stable and it's in the shade so no glare problems.

3/4" plywood roof is nice if you want to attach like walkie talkie, camera, mirrors, lights.... Also you can securely strap down some stuff on top.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice one Russ. My roof goes on/off based on the weather. On my '06 I had attached similar to yours but it was a killer looking into the 'sky' when the roof was off.
-Mitch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts