PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2015 Polaris Ranger 900 that had 2 of the 4 lug nuts broke off with the stud, Now i am in need of separating the the hub from the rotor so i can put the new lug nut stems on. The problem i see is when i go to take the 4 back bolts loose from the rotor i get the feeling they are going to snap. So I plan on ordering a new hub and rotor for my ride but what would be the best way to take the rotor off from the hub? Thank you for all your help.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
They shouldn't snap off but they do have Loctite on them so you can heat the bolt area if you want to. You need to remove the brake caliper and the axle castle nut and get the hub/rotor assembly on the bench. Then remove the four bolts and remove the rotor. Now you have easy access to the wheel studs.

Also, no need to waste money on a new hub and rotor unless you have too much. If that's the case, pm me, I'll give you an address to send all that extra $$$.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you BPS, I was able to get all 4 bolts out with heat and lube. So i think i am fine now. Hub looks good, but how do you get the lug nut stems to stay in the hub? a hammer?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I use a hydraulic press but they can be hammered in. You can also tap them in to start and then use a nut with a washer to pull them into the hub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I will try that. I just for some reason thought the rotor bolts would break off into the hub, thats why i was going to buy new. Thank you BPS

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Use a torque wrench on the lugs, steel wheels to 60ftlb, aluminum wheels 120ftlb, wrench won't click till the stud is pulled completely in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i able to get my ride going? Oreillys had the stud compressor for sale and it worked like a charm. Thank you again everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts