PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my Duraclutch in today. Installation was straight forward and easy. I put it all back together and all I can say is Outstanding! I barely touch the gas pedal and the machine creeps forward with no jerking whatsoever. It does the same in reverse. Believe me its a whole new machine! The engine braking is absolutely perfect, I have owned nine Polaris's and have never felt engine braking like this,it is flawless.Its almost weird to be riding a Polaris that performs this well. Todd was 100% helpful and the shipping was fast. All I can say is that it is pricey but now that I have tried it I would have paid a lot more.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Thank You for the review.
I was wondering if you loose any top end speed with the new clutch?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it still went 60 mph

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Well great , that was my concern of loosing top end speed.
Duraclutch is on the top of my Christmas List!
Thanks again for responding. That is what makes this web-site my daily go to spot.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree it's nice to get on here to see what people are doing next.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Do they have this product on there website. I am curious.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Do they have this product on there website. I am curious.
No we don't, can't yet, why? Duraclutch has a contract with Polaris where it is really only supposed to sold thru dealers so I can't put it on my site, I am stretching talking about it here but nothing has been said yet. Could be cause I sold four this week!! LOL

Feel free to call me about this Monday.

Todd

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
I put my Duraclutch in today. Installation was straight forward and easy. I put it all back together and all I can say is Outstanding! I barely touch the gas pedal and the machine creeps forward with no jerking whatsoever. It does the same in reverse. Believe me its a whole new machine! The engine braking is absolutely perfect, I have owned nine Polaris's and have never felt engine braking like this,it is flawless.Its almost weird to be riding a Polaris that performs this well. Todd was 100% helpful and the shipping was fast. All I can say is that it is pricey but now that I have tried it I would have paid a lot more.
Thanks for putting this up and glad you like it. I feel like I am giving someone a big sales pitch when trying to sell them a Duraclutch, but they speak for themselves once you get it.

As far as top speed is concerned, I gained one mph.

Todd

·
Registered
143 Posts
A lot more would buy it if it were for bigger tires !!!!! I have ran a lot of 2 or 3 inch size taller tires and never felt the need for a clutch kit but now that so many of us are using truck tires the need for clutch kits is definitely there .

·
Registered
181 Posts
I really like my 900 but the jerky clutch engagement drives me nut! Try backing up to a wagon or trailer and the guy behind hooking up better stand clear, why Polaris hasn't fixed this after all these years is beyond me. The 700 does it also but not near as bad. How is the Duraclutch for farm use, lots of heavy pulling and stop and go fence fixing?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's exactly what I do with mine.I had the same trouble and took a chance on the Duraclutch. You will love it. It is pricey but it is worth every penny. Install it and forget about it, no adjustments, no problems. Just smooth engagement.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds like a geat set up! Can the Duraclutch be left in gear when idling for long periods?

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Makes me wonder if one day in the future polaris will make the switch to this style clutch on there rangers?
Maybe as a option but not standard, they are penny pinchers.

I have asked a Polaris insider this question, one he said their engineers are in MN it is flat and they don't think you need engine braking and two the new rapid response secondary is cheap to make.

These Duraclutch's just flat rock, I run myself and everyone who took the leap loves them and does not look back.

Todd

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed this clutch with 30" Mongrels. I haven't really had a chance to test it but from what I've drove it it feels great throughout the RPM range. What are the issues reported with larger tires?

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Subscribed.....really would like to hear about problems, if any with 30's. I understand that Duraclutch is NOT designed for the larger tires, but if there are no issues, is it really a problem? Or, what problems are created?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts