PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided that I am going to get forward a arms/lift if needed in order to run 29.5-10/12 terminators.

I will be doing super atv forward a arms, should i do the super atv 3" lift to be safe?

Anything else? Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think they say you can run up to a 30 inch tire with the forward A arms only.
I'm in the middle of installing a set of super atv forward A arms right now.
Got it all torn apart and getting ready to put it back together. Just waiting for the shop to warm up a little. I will make a thread about it maybe tomorrow.
So far Im pretty impressed with the A arms. Many on here have said they are cheaply built but mine appear a good bit sturdier than stock.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they say you can run up to a 30 inch tire with the forward A arms only.
I'm in the middle of installing a set of super atv forward A arms right now.
Got it all torn apart and getting ready to put it back together. Just waiting for the shop to warm up a little. I will make a thread about it maybe tomorrow.
So far Im pretty impressed with the A arms. Many on here have said they are cheaply built but mine appear a good bit sturdier than stock.

great! are u doing larger tires?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Forward arms should make 30's possible. I have BWA forward arched arms and have Mudder Inlaws in 30. I have the shocks jacked up on highest setting and have cut off the front tubes of my bumper except for a nub on each side. I also cut the plastic a fog light hole thing below headlights.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a super atv 3" lift from a forum member and will get a set of arms soon. Im gng to go w/ 29.5's because i can get them for my current 12" wheels. thanks!

·
Registered
755 Posts
If you were starting from scratch, I would recommend the highlighter 4" with forward arms. I am running 29.5 terms with the shocks in the 3 notch and have only once rubbed a tire in a very peculiar off camber situation.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you were starting from scratch, I would recommend the highlighter 4" with forward arms. I am running 29.5 terms with the shocks in the 3 notch and have only once rubbed a tire in a very peculiar off camber situation.
So are you running just the HL 4" bracket lift or with arms as well? What do the axle angles look like all the way around especially the rear? Any pics?

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I generally discourage lifts over 2" unless you don't mind upgrading axles soon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe someone on here ran 30's w/ just a lift, no arms.

I am not hard on my equipment, no trying to cross swamps or ponds for me. I understand the consequences of lifting and will upgrade axles if need be.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have 30's and no lift on my crew with just forward a-arms, they work with the exception of the front bumper. I had to trim the front bumper, but its not that big of deal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again for the help. Im just waiting for the superatv arms to be in stock. My 3" lift should be here any day now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am on my 3rd build and highly recommend installing the steering stops if your going with the 3" and 2" forward a-arms. i am running 30's now with the occasional rubbing on the bumber when i am in places i probably shouldn't be. i have the gear lift ordered which i think will cure my tire rubbing issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2013 XP 800, so not exactly the same, but with BWA 2" lift and forward arms I easily clear 30" Murder Inlaws. The bottom tube on your bumper will have to be modified (I had a buddy build a complete custom one), but works great heavily loaded at any speed or situation. Having already broke one axle, I'd say stay as low as possible with the lift. My current setup give me 16.5" clearance in front and 17" in rear. That's with HD plow springs in front, home made 1" spring spacers in rear (was sagging due to hauling gear and animals, adding 1" preload was much cheaper than buying HD springs for rear), oh and I'm at inner shock position and 0 preload adjustment on shocks. Hope this helps....

·
Registered
755 Posts
I generally discourage lifts over 2" unless you don't mind upgrading axles soon.
900 Rangers stock lift and tires will bend the oem axles, a 900 ranger should not leave the dealership with anything less than Rhino or Titan rear axles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts