204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Snow Winter Vehicle Ice Snowmobile

Vehicle Snow Car Automotive tire Tire

I hope these photos upload

·
Registered
618 Posts
These are from last year. It was brutally cold and windy last winter and the day we were out was no exception. There were 30 MPH winds and I don't think the air temp got over 0 degrees that day. It was so windy that we actually had to tie the shanty to the ranger to keep it from blowing away. We had a heater in the shanty so it was nice and warm. We did not catch anything but a buzz that day…not even a bite.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It was beautiful that day. I didn't catch anything either, but the bud light was delicious.

·
Registered
160 Posts
North South Dakota

-7 and blowing 30 mph. Always bring extra propane!

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is how we do it in the adirondacks...well at least it's how I prefer to do it
Winter Sea Shed House Outhouse

Snow Winter Natural environment Arctic Geological phenomenon

Snow All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport

Reactions: topjob

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Nice pictures guys!
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
MarvyJoe I can find the ager shields but, where I you find the mount? That is sweet

·
Registered
160 Posts
ND,
I found it on eBay as a discontinued model. It's actually for a quad but with some minor fab work it works pretty darn good in the Ranger box holes. It's too floppy for road travel or high speed on the ice. It sure beats screwing around with the blade cover! Or worrying about gas leaks.
Drill holes in the ice then slide it in. Couldn't be easier or safer. I'm thinking of fabbing a mount for it on the front instead for better box access.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.